Mechanical Technician (Workshop Engineer)
£26,500 Starting Salary (Increases to £29,500 after successful probation) + 6% Employer/4% Employee Pension + Overtime at Time 1/2 + 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays + Life Assurance + Discount Benefits Scheme + Uniform
8am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday
Mechanical Technician (Engineer) role available in a highly successful and international manufacturer of materials handling equipment. You’ll enjoy great benefits associated with a world leading company including training on their product range.
The role will be suited to candidates with a mechanical service/maintenance background. Those with a military background and automotive mechanics looking to move into a plant engineering role will be suited. Although qualifications are an advantage, transferable skills and the ability to pick up the specifics are key.
You’ll form part of a highly skilled team in a very reputable business. The role is primarily mechanical with some electrical service and repair of used forklifts. You’ll order any spares when needed and communicate progress to the Workshop Manager. You will also carry out duties such as PDI’s, cleaning and general preparation work for the trucks.
This is a great chance to be part of a professional and people focused business where you can progression to roles such as Team Leader, Field Engineer and Sales Engineer roles.
The Mechanical Technician role in brief:
* Carry out service and repair work on workshop and service basis on a range of used forklift trucks.
* Work on a Monday to Friday basis in a busy workshop environment.
* Order spares, carry out PDI’s, cleaning and any other preparation work.
The Person Required:
* Mechanical service/repair skills - ideally able to fault find on engines and basic electrical diagnostic skills.
* Excellent communication skills
* IT literate