Job title: MetaData Analyst
Location: Sheffield or home working
Salary: Up to £30,000 per annum, plus bonus and benefits
The primary objective of the Metadata Analyst is to support the organisation in managing metadata and data models, ensuring that data change is strategic, efficient and maintains integrity.
The appointed individual will be responsible for the definition and capture of the Bank’s metadata, including the following functions:
- Maintain and administer the Bank’s Business Glossary
- Support the identification, implementation and consumption of metadata and data modelling tooling
- Support the capture and derivation of data lineage
- Support and contribute to the creation and maintenance of data models
- Collaborate with business representatives to establish concise, understandable definitions that accurately reflect the business purpose and resonate with the various consumers
- Establish and manage mechanisms to share the glossary materials and publicise updates
- Work with business analysts and solution designers to identify critical data elements and capture the various metadata relating to them, ensuring that metadata becomes a regular deliverable of change initiatives
- Oversee the maintenance of metadata artefacts, reporting and escalating where appropriate, resolving issues, gaps and inconsistencies.
- Document the lineage of data from creation to output, ensuring that the information is useable and meets the business needs.
- Work with IT and Change to establish fit-for-purpose metadata tooling and support it through implementation and into production.
- Establish a thorough understanding of the Bank’s data models.
- Support the data architects in the development of data models.
- Support the promotion of new modelled content to the enterprise models, ensuring that it is consistent with existing definitions.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Extensive practical experience of working with and defining data
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Logical thinker; able to articulate thoughts both verbally and diagrammatically
- Prior experience of logical data modelling and data normalisation
- Prior experience of working in a similar metadata role