Job title: Metadata and Master Data Manager
Location: Sheffield or home working
Salary: Up to £40,000 per annum, plus bonus and benefits
The primary objective of the Metadata & Master Data Manager role is to build frameworks and processes for master and metadata, and to support the users of them, establishing data models, definitions and business rules.
The appointed individual will be responsible for building and managing a set of master data and metadata control capabilities to ensure that:
- Systems of record are fit for purpose
- Data is well defined and fully understood; risks in the data landscape are identified and managed
- Data can be consumed with confidence in their integrity and lineage
- The organisation has confidence in the data available
- Emphasis is given to the most mission-critical data, based on risk and value
- Maintain and set up Systems of Record and Trusted Copies
- Establish a framework for the identification, evaluation, certification and escalation of systems of record and trusted copies of data
- Drive the adoption of recognised systems of record
- Represent the DMO in the definition of requirements for core systems of record, such as Product Hierarchy and Fund Transactions
- Reference Data management
- Work with project representatives to identify reference data needs
- Promote the utilisation of existing reference data and work with data architects to make those data available to all appropriate use cases
Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience of working in an Agile environment – financial services or public sector background is preferred
- Management and leadership of a team of 10+ business analysts
- A background of working on technical and non-technical projects from a lead BA point of view.
- Proven experience of developing a team of Business Analysts working across different areas such as resource management, succession planning and personal development.
- Target Operating Model (TOM) operational and procedure experience
- Extensive knowledge in development of detailed business cases, capturing benefits and benefits realisation.
- Expert in business modelling and business process engineering.