MI Analyst - Insurance
Purpose of the Role
* The role will involve building and developing the back-end infrastructure as part of the Future State Reserving project that is on-going within the business.
* The Reserving team coordinates the reserving process and regulatory reporting requirements related to the SII Technical Provisions
* The Insurance Data / MI Senior Analyst will report into the Reserving Projects Actuary who reports into the Head of Reserving.
* Understanding the internal Actuarial processes with a view to providing input around improvements of those processes
* Maintaining and developing the SQL Server infrastructure that will form the basis of the future reserving processes Designing and creating custom reports
* Advanced querying of existing SQL Server databases using TSQL
* Understanding MI needs by working with the business
Skills and Experience
* The candidate must have at least 3 years of experience using SQL Server in a BAU and build capacity
* In addition, strong TSQL querying skills are required
* Exposure using SSAS OLAP cubes in a BAU capacity, although build experience is not necessary
* Experience with Power BI and integrating it into the Microsoft software suite, particularly MS Excel.
* Previous experience working within Insurance required - preferably Lloyds Insurance experience