Strong M&E are recruiting for an experienced Heating Engineer needed to cover work in the following areas:
Surrey / Hampshire / Berkshire border & South West London
This is a permanent position direct with our client
Hours: 8am - 16:30pm Monday - Friday
Our client offers installation and service of heat pumps, gas appliances, air conditioning, refrigeration, heating and ventilation services to all types of commercial and industrial establishments and some residential properties.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced heating engineer to expand their knowledge and skills into the world of renewable energy technologies, in particular air source and ground source heat pumps. Additional technical training will be provided, including gas-safe, manufacturers courses and professional development.
This is a mobile position so you will be ideally based around Surrey/Hampshire/Berkshire border, south-west London. Able to travel in the home counties and London as required.
Requirements and Skills
* 5+ years specific heating and plumbing experience including at least 3 years of domestic gas safe qualifying work records.
* A desire for self-improvement and professional development, including to commercial gas-safe and technical heat pump training at various manufacturers.
* Commercial and residential plumbing and pipework installation.
* The necessary character to ensure every installation is carried out safely and efficiently and is always a job to be proud of.
* Relevant qualifications.
* Ability to review and survey sites of potential new or replacement systems to provide sufficient information for a proposal to be constructed.
* A practical and theoretical understanding of heating and plumbing systems within commercial and residential building services environments.
* Ability to carry out general planned maintenance works to HVAC plant & equipment.
* Be part of the out of normal working hours emergency call out rota and be flexible outside of core working hours.
* Understanding of Health & Safety and the ability to identify hazards and work through the job from start to finish in order to complete point of use risk assessments and method statements.
* Ability to maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, clients, customers and work as part of a team.
* Confident in abilities and up to date with all relevant industry legislation.
* Driving licence.
* Willingness to learn and to take part in any additional training.
* Ability to manage and maintain accurate and up to date records of all work carried out on plant and equipment utilising our field service software system and some paper-based site logs where necessary.
Please note the successful candidate will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check which is essential for our works in schools and colleges.
There is also a standby service on call rota (paid additionally)
* Company car will be provided
* Company pension
* 23 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
The annual salary on offer for this role is between £40,000 - £48,000k per year.
If interested, please apply online or call Ben on 02030068404