Mobile Service Engineer (385jc)
Up to £32k + Benefits
My client who are the UK’s market leader in powered access platform hire, equipment sales and IPAF training are now seeking to recruit a Mobile Service Engineer for their Wellingborough location.
DUE TO THE NATURE OF THIS RECRUITMENT CONSULTANCY, WE ARE ONLY ABLE TO REPRESENT INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE EX MILITARY.
You will be reporting to the Locations Service Manager and your role will be to service, maintain and repair depot fleet assets to company and legislative standards
Therefore, your key tasks will include:
- Be an ambassador for and ensure compliance of Quality, Health & Safety standards, and policies
- Ensure that all inspections of machines are in conformance with manufacturer’s specification, company policy and the regulations affecting the use. Ensure that there is no deficiency or defect likely to affect the safe working of a machine. Notify the appropriate manager of any serious defect or unsafe equipment as required
- Act as an ambassador for the company, providing a high standard of customer care and being polite at all times. Relay appropriate customer queries to depot staff as required
- Maintain high levels of personal appearance, ensuring uniform and personal protective equipment are used correctly
- Maintain high standard of quality and compliance of all engineering paperwork
- Support the Location/Workshop Service Manager and Senior Service Engineer in the effective running of maintenance operations
- Carry out maintenance and repair of machines at client premises and at depot as required and in conformance with manufacturer’s specification, company policy and the regulations affecting the use
- Handover machines to customers and familiarise customers with safe machine operation in accordance with company procedures
- Complete planned maintenance activities including maintaining the appearance of the fleet to corporate standard
- Accurately complete all relevant paperwork including engineer’s report, post/pre hire inspection and service sheets
- Carry out handovers and familiarisation as required
To be eligible for this role you will need the following qualification and experience:
- IPAF Operator and Demonstrator Licence would be desirable, however, full training will be given.
- The ability to use technical knowledge, experience, and interpersonal skills to gain the agreement and respect of others
- Ability to use basic functions of the operating system (L-Vis) to complete tasks relevant to role
- The ability to work in such a way that maintains and improves business processes and structure
- Use all equipment, tools and PPE as prescribed in a safe and proper manner
- Ability to communicate with internal or external customers to resolve issues or queries satisfactorily
- Ability to locate, fit, dismantle, reassemble, and refurbish hydraulic, electrical, and mechanical components as needed.
The ideal candidate would probably come from a strong engineering background and who is seeking their first step into a civilian role, who has a strong electromechanical background and has worked in a service line or LAD environment.
In return, they are offering an excellent starting salary as well as a Company Van & Fuel Card, 25 Days annual leave plus bank holidays, Westfield health cash plan, Auto enrolment Pension Scheme, Life Assurance, as well as Lifestyle Benefits which is a discount scheme on selected high street stores.