Job Title: Qualified MOT Tester & Technician
Reporting to: Centre Principal & Assistant Manager
As part of a service crew team operating as primarily Fast Fit Technician & MOT Tester, you will be required to repair and MOT Test/Retest class 4 *(&7) vehicles to the standards of DVSA/VOSA Automated Test Lane requirements and perform and maintain all relevant documentation accordingly. All MOT’s are required to be carried out to the highest standard and within a suitable 45 minute time frame, promoting both the standards of IN’n’OUT Autoccentres Ltd and satisfying the needs of the customer. Likewise, all fast fit repairs are to be undertaken to the highest standard and within a timely fashion.
You will also be expected to work as part of the centre service team, ensuring the appropriate support is provided to the service crew, thus ensuring both customer satisfaction is achieved and multifunctional working/support is provided.
Customer excellence is priority for IN’n’OUT Autocentres Ltd and all colleagues will be expected to contribute to this ethos by presenting excellent communication, high levels of presentation and where required direct interaction with the customer.
MOT Testing Responsibilities:
This job specification acts as part of your contractual terms and in turn failing to adhere to any required tasks listed above may be considered breaching of your contractual terms.
Education & Training
- DVSA/VOSA Accredited
- BTEC, NVQ 2 or equivalent in Motor Mechanics
Any further mechanical education
NVQ Level 3
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Able to prioritise, organise and plan
- Able to motivate others
- Time management skills and the ability to adhere to deadlines
- Able to work in a methodical and logical manner
- Able to work with attention to detail
- Can identify when there is a need to work with diplomacy, tact or discretion
- Previous DVSA/VOSA Testing experience
Previous automated test lane experience
- Driving license