Multi Skilled Engineer
£40,000 to £60,000 DOE + 25 Days Holiday and Bank Holiday + Company Pension + Laptop + Phone
Commissioning and Service Engineer required for a market leading international engineering company who are committed to supporting their customers. This company provide custom built solutions for air pollution control issues. The company can offer full product training and offer scope for future development and career progression. This is an ideal opportunity for someone looking for the opportunity to travel with work.
The successful Commissioning and Service Engineer will be multiskilled, confident mechanically and electrically and can come from any engineering background. It would be advantageous to have experience in a commissioning and/or service-based role, however, candidates from a manufacturing plant maintenance background are encouraged to apply. The successful candidate will need experience working with PLCs and will need to be able to write and edit program modifications.
The successful Commissioning and Service Engineer will be responsible for startup and commissioning, service inspections and resolving technical issues with air pollution abatement systems, including thermal oxidisers. You can expect to spend approximately 90% of your time at customer sites and will need to be prepared to spend up to three weeks at a time on site, depending on the length of project when commissioning equipment, and three to four days when servicing.
Multi Skilled Engineer Engineer Role:
· Inspection, commissioning and full start up of air pollution control equipment, including thermal oxidisers
· Check new or modified equipment to ensure full and safe functionality
· Working with gas fired combustion systems
· Analyse and review inspection findings to determine problem and recommend corrective actions.
· Working with PLCs to validate performance and troubleshoot operational issues.
· Offer technical assistance to site either in person or remotely.
· Maintain performance records
· Frequent travel to customer sites on a local and international basis
Multi Skilled Engineer Engineer Candidate:
· Multiskilled – confident mechanically and electrically
· Experience writing and editing PLC programs
· Any service, commissioning, or maintenance background
· Able to read and understand wiring schematics and diagrams
· Experience working with gas fired combustion equipment would be advantageous, not essential