£44,000 per annum
Company client is looking to recruit a Production/Dispatch Manager based in Edinburgh.
Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee and manage the daily operations within production and dispatch area ensuring completion of plans that ensure business delivers all products/orders on time and in full.
- Lead department ensuring compliance with all health and safety and quality procedures and conduct investigations into any issues where necessary.
- Provide inspired leadership promoting a company culture that encourages top performance and high morale creating a dynamic work environment where people are challenged, encouraged and supported through development plans.
- Improve the operational systems, processes and policies in support of the organisations mission -- specifically, support better management reporting, information flow and management, business process and organisational planning.
- Oversee and control resources within department budget, planning, and auditing including the provision of reports and recommendations on all department metrics & KPIs.
- Ownership and accountability demonstrating prompt and effective resolution of operational and delivery issues across the business unit and depots
- Managing, and organising all workflow, operations and processes, in line with the principles of Takt Time vs Cycle Time, to ensure a balanced workflow, which meets the required demand, and achieves the required KPIs.
- Ability to react calmly and in control within fast paced and changing environment that ensures minimal disruption to schedules or delivery.
- Interpret data, understand performance metrics, spot trends that establish and lead a culture of continuous business improvement utilising lean initiatives and tools.
- Effective people manager that fosters positive working environment through communication, recognition and reward however also with the ability to deal effectively with challenges, conduct RTW, appraisals, set objectives and conduct any necessary investigations that ensure consistent approach.
- Positive collaboration with all departments and teams across the business in order to deliver excellent products and customer services.
- Develop, implement and review production KPI’s identifying trends followed by driving actions to improve performance and efficiencies.
- Lead and support business improvement projects as required.
- Regular review of forecast and business requirements Vs capacity and staff levels to create and submit proposal on any necessary adjustments to line manager that ensure ability to deliver.