Operations Manager - Construction
£50000 - £70000 PA Negotiable
Calling all senior Construction Mangers!
Opportunity to join an expanding organisation who specialise in the Façade sector of the construction industry. Their projects are mainly in the Southern sector of the UK working on commercial and large multi occupancy residential buildings. Their offices offer a positive and productive working environment and their employees are a friendly cohesive team.
Working from the Bridgend office you will have overall responsibility for 20-25 projects at any time ensuring all installation projects are completed safely, within the agreed time frame and budget.
You will head up a team of Contracts managers, Site Supervisors, installers and contractors to assist you in this work. Although some some site visits will be required the position will be mainly based at head office in Bridgend.
This is a full time, permanent role working Monday to Thursday 9AM - 5PM and Friday 9AM - 4PM.
* Plan and co-ordinate projects from start to finish, including organising the schedule of work, costings and valuations
* Liaise with the Contracts Managers for resource management and installers for projects
* Manage the operational teams, including supervisors, the labour force, monitoring sub-contractors, checking materials & overseeing quality control
* Communicate with any consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors
* Deal with any unexpected problems that may occur during the project
* Promote & maintain Health & Safety, including site audits to ensure safety rules are followed
* Check design drawings/documents
* Ensure the projects are delivered on time and on budget, setting benchmarks and monitoring progress
The successful applicant will have the following experience, qualifications and attributes:
* Proven track record in construction management
* Experience in the façade sector of the construction industry essential
* A graduate, HNC or similar - preferred
* Strong communication skills dealing with professionals and management teams
* Leadership and motivational skills
* Excellent planning and organisational skills
* Resilience and problem-solving skills
* Able to make decisions under pressure and strong attention to detail
* Awareness of Health & Safety procedures and legislation for running a safe installation project
* Sound commercial awareness
* Excellent computer skills - MS Office
* A team player with a positive and energetic work style
This is a new position due to company growth and could offer further long term development for the right applicant. Excellent remuneration on offer. Applications are welcome from top construction managers local to Bridgend or applicants intersted in re-locating to the area. For more information contact Kim Simpson at Work Wales for a confidential discussion.