FINTEC recruit is seeking an Optical Engineer for our engineering client based in Basildon. This is a permanent role with salary negotiable on experience.
* Carry out/co-ordinate optical design activities using ZEMAX and ASAP software packages.
* Lead Optical Engineering activities in support of new bids including concept generation and down selection, planning and estimation.
* Optical Engineering support to build and integration phases of all projects
* Optical Engineering support to production
* Optical prototype testing during the development phase
* Specification of optical test equipment required for both development and production phases.
* Adherence to Optical Design procedures and maintenance of design records in accordance with ISO 9001.
* Liaison with suppliers of optical components and assemblies.
Skills and Experience required for the Optical Engineer
* Sc. in Physics or Optoelectronics (E)
* Sc. or PhD in an applied optics field (D)
* Extensive experience in an Optical Engineering related field, with a good grounding in classical imaging optics principles is required.
* Experience of lens systems design within the Infrared spectrum is a distinct advantage.
* A working knowledge of Lens design for Lasers would be beneficial.
* Lens Design and Optical Analysis skills are an advantage as well as knowledge of the practical aspects of system alignment, integration and test.
* An appreciation of (dynamic) Mechanical and Electrical designs associated with EO systems is beneficial whilst involvement in the manufacture of optical systems either in one-off or volume manufacture is a distinct advantage.
* The role requires good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders
Full details of the Optical Engineer role is available on application. To apply please submit your current CV to FINTEC recruit