A well known, prestigeous architectural practice with an international presence, are looking to appoint an experienced Principal Designer to work as part of their design team, delivering advice on CDM2015 compliance and risk prevention.
An exciting opportunity to be the Principal Designer and CDM Advisor on some of the largest, most exciting construction projects in the world. You will find yourself working on buildings with intricate designs, high rise multi-use complexes and newly engineered modern buildings that make national news.
Would suit someone who would be comfortable in more design led Principal Designer role with a deep understanding and education is engineering and architecture.
The role of the Principal Designer / CDM Consultant
As the successful Principal Designer / CDM Consultant, you will advise the project team members on all aspects of CDM compliance in accordance with current UK legislation.
* Review pre-construction information managing all aspects of health and safety
* Work with an in house design and architectural team advising on risk prevention throughout the design phase
* The use of BIM and other digital design computer programs as a tool to spot H&S related risks
* Manage a portfolio of projects at various stages for internal and communicating design risk with client
* Help develop the role of Principal Designer and develop in house training plans
The Successful Principal Designer / CDM Consultant
The successful Principal Designer / CDM Consultant should ideally hold the following:
* NEBOSH Construction Certificate as a bare minimum
* Membership of IOSH and the APS preferrable
* At least two years experience within a similar design, pre-construction environment
* Hold qualification at level 4 or higher in a design or engineering related discipline
* Good interpersonal and communication skills and able to build good working relationships
* Salary of up to £75,000 per annum
* Company Pension Scheme
* Generous Holiday Allowance
* Life Assurance and Private Health Care
* Income Protection
* Season ticket loans and cycle to work scheme
* Professional Memberships Paid
* Development progression for the successful candidate
If you are a Principal Designer looking progress your career in a leading architectural practice in London, please contact Chris Austwick at Brandon James.
NEBOSH / IOSH / CMIOSH / CDM / Health and Safety / Health and Safety Consultant / Health and Safety Manager / Health and Safety Advisor / Principal Designer / BJ / London / Building Consultancy / CDM Advisor / CDM2015 /