A leading Reading based architectural practice is looking to appoint a new Principal Designer to add to their ever growing team of designers and architects. As part of their CDM team, you will help deliver the duties of Principal Designer on various high value construction projects for blue chip clients.
As a large practice of almost 200 practitioners, promotional opportunities are offered to every employee with continuous professional development a priority for all new staff. A real chance for a CDM practitioner to step into a highly valued role within a busy, award winning company.
Sectors you can expect to work in include residential, commercial, leisure and education. Your job will be to advise the client on their compliance with CDM2015 throughout.
The role of the Principal Designer
As the Principal Designer your main responsibilities will include:
* Identifying and managing design related risks
* Provide a role as Principal Designer conducting yourself accordingly
* Communicating effectively with contractors, architects, designers and clients
* Reviewing and monitoring designers' compliance to CDM2015 Regulations.
* Plan, coordinate and manage the pre-construction phase of projects
* Attending design meetings and approving construction plans
The Successful Principal Designer
The successful Principal Designer should ideally hold the following:
* Expert knowledge of Construction, Design and Management (CDM) Regs 2015
* Experience working alongside design and pre-construction teams
* NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety
* APS Membership preferable (IMaPS ideally working towards CMaPS)
* Professional qualification in engineering or designing discipline
The Package of the successful Principal Designer:
* Basic Salary of up to £60,000 per annum
* Excellent contributory pension scheme
* Life assurance and Childcare vouchers
* 26 days' annual leave + Bank Holidays
* Additional Company Benefits
If you are a Principal Designer in the Reading please contact Chris Austwick at Brandon James.
NEBOSH / IOSH / IIRSM / CDM / IMaPS / CMaPS / aPS / CDM Consultant / Health and Safety / Principle Designer / Reading / Architectural / Architect / CDM Advisor / CDM2007 / CDM2015