We have an exciting opportunity for a Principal Scientist to join a leading Pharmaceutical Manufacturing client in Billingham.
The successful applicant will be offered an attractive salary and benefits package and continuous personal development within a leading organisation.
The ideal candidate will contribute to Process Development (PD) DSP Operations acting as a Downstream Lead within a project team to provide high quality experimental planning and work in the development, evaluation, and characterisation of processes for the production of novel therapeutic products (particularly VGT products).
- Acting as a Line Manager within the PD DSP Operations organogram structure supporting and developing scientists within the group
- Act as interface between associated project groups, including Upstream Processing, Analytical Development, Technical Project Leads and Manufacturing
- Identify, design, implement and manage DSP experimental development programmes
- Review experimental work, data and reports produced within PD
- Carry out process technology transfers from client companies
- Assess manufacturing processes supplied by client companies for suitability for GMP manufacture and identify any scale-up requirements/issues
- Prepare reports and presentations for internal and external use
- When required, participate in the technology transfer process to enable clinical manufacture of the target molecule, using the novel purification process, within the GMP environment
- Produce batch records for GMP manufacturing processes
- Compliant within the cGMP system
- A relevant degree with at least 6 years laboratory experience or PhD in Biological, Biochemical, Engineering or Chemical Science
- Analytical thinking with critical information seeking
- Results orientation, sets specific goals and establishes a clear focus
- Sets high standards and ensures these standards are met
- Thoroughness to complete all tasks and ensure all tasks are completed accurately
If you feel you have the relevant qualifications and experience and are looking for a new challenge, please apply.