£35,000 to £45,000 + 20 Days Holiday rising to 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays + Contributory Pension + Bonus + Health Care + Training
Monday to Friday (Flexible start times as long as 37.5 hour working week is covered)
An exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced Process / Lean Engineer to help with new product introduction and to develop a company’s processes in an autonomous role.
The Process Engineer role will suit candidates from any manufacturing background who have experience with lean processes and Six Sigma. The role is focussed on new production introduction and process development. You will deal with senior managers through to the shop floor to coordinate and improve the production process.
Candidates will hold a relevant engineering Degree (or equivalent) alongside new product introduction experience and a proven track record of implementing improvements.
The role will involve coordinating the manufacturing launch of new and revised products, identifying improvements and implementing these. You will be encouraged to use Six Sigma and Lean techniques to reduce waste and overage whilst maintaining manufacturing times and quality. You will be expected to lead and champion continuous improvements events and ensure all improvements can be rolled out across the company.
The Process Engineer Role:
* New Product Introductions following the APQP planning framework and using FMEA to asses and mange risks.
* Process leadership to ensure that consistent and sustained manufacturing efficiency and process improvements are made.
* Process compliance to standard. Develop and maintain a clear, consistent, visual and effective process audit processes.
* Lead and participate in continuous improvement projects in conjunction with team members.
* Process industrialisation using proven structured techniques such as six sigma.
The Process Engineer:
* From any manufacturing industry
* Will hold a relevant Engineering Degree (or equivalent)
* New Product Introduction and lean/Six Sigma experience
* From an analytical background with the ability to work with multi-disciplined teams to affect change