£28,000 to £32,000 + 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays + Pension
Procurement Officer required by an innovative hi-tech start-up company. This varied and challenging role will give the successful candidate the chance to work on a range of strategic procurement projects. You will balance cost with quality and ensure all deliveries are on time.
The Procurement Officer will have experience of global procurement. A strong knowledge of procurement regulations, document evaluation and a track record of achieving cost savings whilst maintaining key supplier relationships is required.
On offer is the chance to join a rapidly growing business in a high-tech sector. The company has big plans and will rapidly grow throughout 2022. After substantial investment, the business is opening a brand new state of the art manufacturing facility.
On offer is the chance to join a hugely impressive business with big growth plans. You will get exposure to wide range of procurement projects which will hone your organisation, negotiation and management skills.
The Procurement Officer role:
* To manage contracts and procurement arrangements in line with standing orders, financial budgets, ensuring compliant and robust arrangements are established that will stand up to external challenge and internal scrutiny.
* To contribute to the establishment and management of procurement strategies, that support the development of plans and recommendations that establish effective contracts and frameworks.
* To be a critical business partner within assigned service categories that support the targets set out in financial plans, by identifying and developing procurement strategies that provide best value and cost-effective solutions.
* To be the key liaison with the Suppliers on assigned categories, ensuring business requirements in collaborative contracts are captured, and subsequent contracts are embedded within the Company.
* Assist in the development of key procurement and sourcing strategies, analysing options in order to determine effective routes to market, and undertake and lead on associated tendering.
* To construct and also provide support and advice on the production of electronic tender documentation in order for company to be compliant in the use of electronic tendering.
* To evaluate tender offers from suppliers, being responsible for analysing both quantitative and qualitative data in order to ensure fair and equal treatment of tenderers.
* To ensure statistical returns, procurement reports are completed and provided to the Manager
* To proactively identify opportunity for cost benefit savings
* The post will be office based but will involve some travel to attend meetings
The Procurement Officer:
* Solid experience in a global procurement role.
* Knowledge of procurement regulations, electronics methods to maximise efficiency & computerised purchasing methods.
* Strong negation, organisation & management skills.
* Beneficial to hold a procurement qualification and/or corporate membership of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply.