Our client is now recruiting a Production Chemist to join the team in Dundee. The main purpose of the position is to manufacture automotive, aerospace, medical, electrical, renewable energy, and electronic products to high-quality standard in line with correct safety and security practices. This will entail:
• Producing products through the operation of lab scale equipment (scale of approximately 1g – 1kg).
• Planning day to day production requirements to meet different customer needs.
• Controlling and running all aspects of the production process.
• Run routine simple maintenance on equipment and first fix (TMP).
• Maintaining stocks for an inventory-controlled system and ordering chemicals as required.
• Optimising processes and developing new procedures.
• Working within a Quality controlled environment.
• Ensure that written instruction/directions are followed correctly.
• Maximising lab efficiency through prioritising jobs and adopting a tidy, safe working style.
• Joining regular meetings where creative and innovative input is sought after to improve products and lab processes.
• Supporting R&D and QC staff when required.
The ideal candidate for this role will have a Chemistry degree and experience in the chemical industry, however, highly trained graduates will be considered. The ideal candidate should be comfortable working in a high paced manufacturing environment and possess excellent troubleshooting skills. This position offers a great opportunity for a skilled chemist to join a specialised company that is continuing to grow and expand. Offering on-going training, this position will suit a hands-on individual with the desire to work in a demanding industrial environment.
Please apply online in the first instance.