36.5 Hour Working Week – Monday to Friday Days
£40,000 to £50,000 Basic + Bonus + Pension + Life Assurance + Dental Health Scheme + Cycle To Work Scheme + Other Benefits
Production Engineer required by a well-established manufacturer as they take on new products and expand their business.
The Production Engineer role will involve taking new products from customers and delivering a repair and overhaul service for the client.
This is a great opportunity for a Production Engineer looking to join a growing, international business who promote staff, have an excellent retention rate and company benefits.
The Production Engineer role:
* Key front line technical role on all production related issues.
* Day to day support for projects in the start-up phase prior to first article inspection and then supporting optimisation of the process for serial production.
* Technical communication with both internal teams and external customers.
* Focus on issues relating to production and how the product will be Overhauled or Repaired as required:
-Creation/updating of Overhaul Instructions and Work Instructions to detail how to achieve the end requirement.
-Creation/updating of Technical Job Packs for capturing the tasks carried out and decisions made in each job.
-Development of tooling and procedures to optimise strip down, cleaning, painting and assembly tasks in a safe and consistent manner.
-Design test equipment interfaces such as adaptor plates and asset mounting devices in support of production.
-Write test specifications for product testing and for programming of the specific test equipment.
The Production Engineer:
* Experienced Production Engineer or equivalent.
* CAD experience.
* Experience of producing & reviewing technical documentation.
* Ideally will hold a Degree or equivalent in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering although other relevant qualifications (e.g. HNC/HND or equivalent) considered.
* Overhaul and repair experience would be ideal but is not essential.