FINTEC recruit is seeking a Production Engineer for our production/manufacturing client business based in Cambridgeshire. This role as arisen due to growth. It is providing technical support to production ensuring that high quality assemblies are produced accurately to electronic drawings.
This is a permanent role, competitive salary plus shift allowance paid. This is working 34 hours hours per week, Monday to Thursday 6 p.m. to 3 a.m. On starting Initial training carried out on dayshift hours.
* Approval of manufacturing Gerber file data from suppliers to ensure that customer specifications and manufacturing capabilities are achieved.
* Creation of pick and place programs using machine specific software, to customer specifications and maintenance to ensure engineering changes are captured
* Producing data packages for solder paste stencils using GC-PowerPlace software.
* Using GC-PowerPlace and system specific software to create programs for Screen Printing machines.
* Ordering solder paste stencils through Pegasus Stock Control system.
* Provide technical support and lead problem solving activities for engineering and quality concerns.
* Liaise with customers and PCB suppliers as required.
* Complete any relevant training provided by the company and assist in the training of others where required.
Skills and Experience required for the Production Engineer position
* Minimum of 3 years experience working in electronics manufacturing
* Good knowledge of electronic components
* Competent with using computers and use of internet resources,
* Proficient using Microsoft Office
* Able to interpret electronic drawings and Gerber files
* Desirable would be experience of operating with ESD controls; GC-PowerPlace and Pegasus software systems (not essential)
Full details for the Production Engineer is available on application. To apply please submit your current CV.