Professional Services Engineer - VOIP / SIP
Do you have experience of delivering web-based applications or IT services to end users?
If so, my client could have the perfect Professional Services Engineer role for you!
Company client is working closely with an International Software business who are looking for a proven professional services engineer with exceptional communication skills, working remotely anywhere within the UK, with occasional travel.
This varied customer facing role will mean you are responsible for the deployment, configuration, and commissioning of our clients web-based applications to end user customers, ensuring projects are completed to a high standard, on time and within budget.
* Managing a number of concurrent project deliveries
* Providing technical support to clients during the implementation phase of the project
* Delivering highly responsive customer service to maintain expected levels of confidence and overall satisfaction throughout the delivery cycle.
* Ensuring a professional standard of regular written and verbal communication with customers, colleagues and suppliers as appropriate.
* Collaborating with engineering and development to improve implementation and configuration of our clients professional service processes.
* Using the appropriate escalation routes if committed delivery dates are at risk
* Assisting the Customer Support Team in the delivery of services to the customer base where requested.
* Supporting and recommending improvements around delivery methodology and process
* Confidence and capability to make considered recommendations to the wider delivery team to ensure project success.
* Contributing to best practice through engineering, recording and documenting solutions to common and difficult problems.
* Working closely with the wider delivery team to ensure all aspects of governance are covered.
Skills and Experience required:
* Excellent communication skills are a must for this customer facing role
* You'll be creative, confident and driven
* Having an eagle eye for detail
* Being proactive and highly organised will be second nature, along with strong time and project management skills
* A thorough understanding of IT, networking, firewalls, TCP/IP and related/supporting infrastructure equipment and services
* Ability to configure routine and reasonably complex tasks involving data entry, file structures, PC utilities, file management, batch file configuration and scheduled tasks for example.
* Experience of deploying IT solutions to end users, either in SaaS or customer premise models.
* An understanding of telephony or customer premise PBX and telephony protocols such as DPNSS, QSIG or VoIP/SIP.
* Proven ability and confidence talking to customers and understanding their requirements
* Knowledge of the processes involved in the delivery of professional services - ITIL based.
* Work in a technical customer facing role
* Operate as a flexible, positive, self-motivated and a diligent hard-working team player with a 'Can-Do' attitude
* Prioritise workload, demonstrating good organisational and administrative skills
* Show a methodical approach to work by developing, documenting and following procedures and seeing tasks through to completion
* Work effectively and efficiently remotely with minimal supervision.
* At least five years' previous experience in a client facing software delivery and/or IT position
* Knowledge of VOIP/SIP, understanding of Servers, Networks, Cloud solutions, Contact Centres and Auto attendant.
* Experience of delivering training workshops or demos to end users.
* Knowledge of SIP analysis tools such as Wireshark. Knowledge of SSL certificates, SQL, ITIL and GDPR is desirable.
* An understanding of data and integration principles will be a big plus!
We are looking for someone that can display excellent communication at all levels, a true team player with the flexibility to adapt and deliver the very best outcomes at all times. With a creative flair you will be able to work independently and as part of a dynamic and friendly team.
There is a very competitive basic salary range available for this Professional Services Engineer role, coupled with company benefits, full ongoing support, training and genuine career opportunities you would expect from a rapidly expanding PLC.
If you have the software or IT services delivery experience our client is looking for then apply now or contact Dominic Quirke at Advancing People directly, for immediate consideration, in complete confidence.