Programme Manager -Government & Public Sector, Consulting
£100,000 - £130,000 per annum
Our client is a global consulting group seeking a Programme leader to join their best-in-class Government & Public Sector advisory practice. The role, while initially remotely-based, will eventually be based across their London campus, client offices and remote / home-based. The basic salary will fall between £100,000 -130,000 with an additional broad benefits scheme; covering performance bonuses, favourable pension and flexible choices.
The Programme Manager / Programme Director will typically oversee the strategic set-up & day to day running of programmes within the Government and Public Sector arena. This will be a fast-paced environment where being able to work with a high level of accuracy and strict deadlines is essential. Your day-to-day activities will include:
* Lead and formulate delivery strategy, be a delivery expert the team can draw on to determine the most appropriate approaches and methodologies.
* Ability to build strong relationships with senior Government clients, obtaining their absolute trust and confidence.
* Accountable for managing the end-to-end process of delivery (including the delivery itself), governance and controls, and monitoring and reporting to the firm and our clients.
* Recommending change where necessary with the client and then managing the team to implement where required.
* Ensuring the required standards of quality and government/regulatory compliance are consistently applied and maintained.
* Ability to manage various levels of stakeholders, including senior Government officials.
* Establishing an appropriate communication strategy with external customers, including the client, to ensure confidence.
Your professional experience:
* Proven programme/project management experience, overseeing all service lines of a project.
* Previous experience of successful delivery in a Government / Public Sector arena.
* Previous experience of managing senior Government stakeholders and officials.
* Proven experience in delivery in the following areas: System build, system integration, operational delivery.
* A robust understanding of Government major programme delivery assurance activities, including business case review and approval.
* Previous experience of leading and motivating teams to achieve results.
* A proven leader who can execute operational best practice to achieve service excellence
* Proven strengths in leading, coaching and managing teams.
* Excellent communication and coaching skills (both written and verbal)
* Proven ownership and accountability for core complaint operations / risk / quality & IT.
* Outstanding client relationship management skills, able to build strong foundations for client relationships
* Evidence in the delivery of service excellence metrics and meeting and exceeding targets.
* Strong literacy, numerical and decision-making skills.
* Current (or willingness to obtain) Government Security Clearance (SC / DV) is desired but not essential.