Company client has a requirement for a Programme Manager to work on site in Gosport, Hampshire.
This is a permanent role.
Rate of pay is negotiable dependant on experience.
Approx 37 hours per week.
Purpose of the role:
To manage the production of multiple Programmes, all in accordance with the agreed strategy for maintaining and development of each programme. This will include allocating and managing all staff resources in accordance with the changing needs of the business. A key part of the role involves maximising associate utilisation and productivity to meet the customers demand on OTD and TAT, whilst remaining within the contracted budgets.
Key responsibilities and duties:
· Ensure that company health, safety and environmental policies are complied with and housekeeping and company improvement activities are implemented;
· Adherence to our Quality Management Systems (QMS), Safety Management Systems (SMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS) and all associated Business Manuals.
· To monitor operational and contract performance and take appropriate action to comply with budgetary requirements;
· To set, communicate, monitor and achieve objectives for direct reports to meet the needs of the business;
· Ensure timely reporting of any potential delays/costs to their line manager and customer when required.
· Informing their Line Manager of any situation that may result in them not being able to fulfil any of their responsibilities.
· Performance management of your staff including; appraisals, time and attendance, disciplinary
· To manage the Engine Programs effectively on a day-to-day basis including the development of the team in order that the department meets the needs of the business;
· Ensure staff carry out their responsibilities to the required standards and undertake the necessary training to operate flexibly with the correct authorisations;
· To assist in the development of the manpower and operational budget;
· Manage the floor loading and capacity planning requirements for each program;
· To ensure that all repair engineering and quality standards are met in accordance with company and OEM requirements;
· To consider engineering recommendations and requirements, to factor these into plans, and monitor during implementation through to successful conclusion;
· To lead Lean initiatives ensuring that best practice methods are adopted / utilised where appropriate, to meet the needs of the business;
· To work effectively with other company departments in a co-operative and collaborative fashion, to meet the needs of the business;
· Provision of any statistical data to senior management as required;
· To carry out any other reasonable duties within the capability of the jobholder, as requested by the immediate supervisor;
· Good communication skills;
· Good leadership skills;
· Performance management of staff;
· Self-motivated, and able to prioritise and manage own workload;
· Good team work and problem solving skills;
· Organising workload to achieve output with minimal supervision;
· Management ability;
· Coaching/mentoring ability;
· Foreign Language;
· Previous experience with international customers.