Pricing Project Manager
City of London
£800 per day
This role is initially a 6 month contract, with strong possibility of extension.
Reporting to the Deputy Operations Director, this role will be responsible for the delivery of a 2 year pricing transformation programme, the scope of which is to fully replace and enhance all group pricing solutions with an enterprise strength SAAS based capability.
Creating a data warehouse coupled with a strong MI/Analytics solution for all pricing information will be a critical component of the project scope and benefits realisation, enabling improved underwriting decision making and enhanced portfolio profitability
You will quickly establish creditability with a diverse range of stakeholders at all levels across Underwriting, Actuarial, IT, Operations, Data and Change teams will be critical to success, as will the effective management of external consultancy services in the delivery of core project scope.
* The capture and agreement of clear and measurable scope at the start of the project and tracking through the project lifecycle.
* Responsibility for the planning, prioritisation and delivery of the Pricing Programme in line with the defined scope, timeline, budget and business success criteria.
* Manage and escalate project/programme risks, actions, and issues through initiativetaking communication and collaboration with stakeholders and various teams.
* Project reporting and governance processes in accordance with the Change methodology.
* Stakeholder management across the business, including C-suite.
* Creation, preparation and running of steering groups and other governance groups.
* Creation of a communication plan to ensure communications are clear, transparent, and timely.
* Identify and manage inter project and wider dependencies across a diverse change portfolio (e.g. Underwriting Workbench).
* Ensuring appropriate business readiness and adoption of the solution, ensuring appropriate roll-out strategy, training, testing, and post live support.
* Adopt and continually improve upon delivery Framework and exhibit behaviours to a achieve a high performing team.
* Contribute to the high performing Change team and drive improvement in Project management function by working closely with other PMs to ensure knowledge and cross-sharing of information.
* Establish and maintain positive relationships with vendors to support the delivery and ongoing maintenance of the projects.
* Undertake any other related duties as may be reasonably required.
* Working for a regulated Company, you will be expected to perform your duties to the highest of standards, in accordance with the following Conduct Rules as specified by the FCA.
* Demonstratable experience in leading a large transformation programme comprising multi-function delivery, ideally with specific experience working closely with Underwriting, Pricing, IT, Data, Operations teams.
* Experience working with and overseeing third party consultancies to deliver complex integrated solutions.
* Ideally particular experience of Underwriting and Pricing solutions deliveries, that include the creation of a robust IT and Data/MI/Analytics capability.
* Experience delivering a SAAS based software solution using a hybrid of waterfall and agile delivery principles.
* Experience with supporting senior stakeholders and running effective program governance, including Exco and Board summary reporting.
* A strong understanding of the London Insurance Market, in particular Underwriting and Pricing.
* Experience with vendor management (preferably with established long-term relationships) related to ensuring effective support for project delivery.
* Excellent communication and people skills, able to collaborate effectively with diverse teams, gain cooperation and influence without authority.
* Highly organised, deadline-oriented, and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
* Proficient in project management methodologies.
* Initiative-taking with drive and enthusiasm requiring minimal direction and supervision.
* Has a positive, analytical approach to finding solutions.
* Capable of developing and maintaining effective relationships at all levels.