A UK Property management company that assists Leaseholders with their statutory lease extension and freehold purchase claims are seeking to recruit a senior leasehold valuer to take day to day responsibility for their valuation function and report directly to the MD. Our client serves England and Wales with a large focus on the capital.
The role would suit a candidate who has extensive experience in Leasehold Enfranchisement and is looking for an opportunity to lead and develop a team. The job is home based so this role would also suit someone who wants to spend more time developing their team and negotiating claims, than in the car and attending inspections.
Duties would include:
* Overseeing the valuations produced by your direct reports
* Conducting complex valuations
* Negotiating settlements with the landlord valuers
* Preparing Expert Witness reports for the FtT, when these are required.
* Maintaining and developing the firm's knowledge and negotiation strategies
* Recruiting and developing your team, as the business grows
The Successful Valuer?
* 5+ years' recent experience in valuing for and negotiating lease extension and
* collective claims under the LHRUDA 1993.
* Broad knowledge of legislation and latest relevant case law.
* Experience in negotiating complex claims (e.g., intermediate landlords, development
* Experience in preparing (or supporting colleagues) prepare Expert Witness reports -
although experience adducing testimony at FtT is not required.
* A commitment to developing your own skills when faced with complex matters, and
as the business grows.
* Experience developing the skills of more junior team members
* A genuine interest in achieving the best premium for our leasehold clients
* Candidates may be a member of the RICS, but this is not required
* Home-based role
* Competitive salary - £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience.
* 25 days of holiday
* Flexible hours can be discussed after six months
Commercial Valuation Surveyor- RICS - Red Book - Valuation Surveyor - London. WC1R
* David Priestman - Head of General Practise Surveying
* 01628 367 036
* 07463 111708