£15.00 - £15.50 per hour
Temporary - Full Time
Work Wales have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Purchasing Co-ordinator to work with a heavy manufacturing client of ours in the Swansea area.
The key purpose of this role is to support the UK purchasing team in delivering their key objectives of pipeline savings and improving cash flow, whilst maintaining continuity of supply.
* Create purchase orders from authorised requisitions.
* Convert requisitions to purchase orders and send to suppliers.
* Obtain and review supplier acknowledgements with Purchase Orders, resolving discrepancies
* Expedite orders to ensure continuity of supply.
* Obtain a list of overdue purchase orders and contact suppliers and advise internal customers of any issues.
* Chase down answers to supplier queries from Requisitioners to ensure timely deliveries.
* Escalate unresolved issues to the UK Procurement Specialist.
* Obtain quotations from suppliers as requested by UK Procurement Specialist.
* Attend daily line walks to ensure all areas are aware of any potential interruptions to supply.
* Resolve invoice queries between vendors and the finance team.
* Hold regular reviews with the accounts payable team to highlight any issues with invoices, receipts and credits
* Identify areas of non-value added activity and suggest changes to processes to eliminate waste.
* Administer low value service and act as a point contact for all internal customers with queries regarding supply and service.
* Support UK Procurement Specialist with duties surrounding CAPEX projects and procurement
* Conduct market surveys and benchmarking activities as requested.
* Undertake SOX purchasing audits and checklists.
* Vetting and adding new suppliers including Quality Critical Items (QCI) monitoring.
* Assist UK Purchasing Specialist in fulfilling their 6s duties.
* Manage the NDA Process and ensure compliance.
* Cover additional purchasing duties to cover absence
* Prior experience of working in a similar role dealing with commercial transactions
* Ability to handle multiple, time-sensitive tasks
* Understanding of the engineering/manufacturing process and working environment
* Prior experience of SAP is essential
* Has a professional outlook
* Act with integrity at all times
* Ability to work under own initiative, but mature enough to be able to seek help when necessary
* Ability to forge strong working relations with all stakeholders.
For more information, or for a confidential, informal chat, please contact Ryan on 01792 477340.