Strong group is acting on behalf of its client who are one of the UK's leading, multi-disciplined
business service providers, offering data/IT services and facilities management.
My client are looking to recruit a Qualifying Supervisor on a permanent basis, for projects around Sheffield.
As a Qualifying Supervisor you will be required to work under the guidance and direction of Senior Project Managers and/or the Departmental Manager. To work with the company's management teams, administrators and engineering teams.
* To liaise with external bodies - (such as NICEIC representatives or other registration bodies) as and when required.
* To ensure that the business complies with all aspects of NICEIC accreditation or other registration bodies and to communicate those requirements to the Contract Management Team and Engineering Teams.
* The role also requires you assist where necessary to ensure that all activities are in line with Health and Safety, Quality Business Management System procedures
Responsibilities & Duties:
* To advise engineers and the management team on any technical / electrical matters; typically NICEIC requirements on projects, planned maintenance and reactive jobs.
* Inspect Electrical installations carried out by the business to ensure full compliance with the IET Wiring Regulations BS7671 and that of the NICEIC requirements and standards.
* Inspect Electrical certification issued by engineers within the business and that of other sub-contractors to ensure full compliance with NICEIC requirements and standards
* Completing the Minor Works and Installation Certificates on completion of any electrical installations or alterations.
* To provide technical support and assistance in all aspects of Electrical Work
* Assist in assessment of engineer's qualification / competences for potential or existing staff
* Develop tool box talks in relation to Electrical Works / Certification
Skills and Requirements required:
* Extensive experience in both Commercial and Industrial environments
* NVQ Level 3 Electrical Installation Apprentice trained or above
* IET Wiring Regulations, 18th Edition, BS 7671: 2018 (Electrical Regulations)
* Electrical Inspection and Testing C&G 2391-52 or equivalent (or be willing to complete this within 6 months of appointment)
* Ideally, previous NICEIC QS Experience.
* Full British driving license
25 days holiday, increasing after 3 full years of service, by one day a year up to 30 days plus bank holidays. Healthcare & Pension.
Salary on offer will be £35k-£40k, there will be interviews taking place for the right Candidates
If you have the necessary skill set for this vacancy, then please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Ella on 0203 967 5025