Quality Control Engineer (Mechanical Engineer)
Competitive Salary + 25 days Holiday + Bank Holidays + Company Pension (5% Employee, 4% Employer) & Life Assurance + Training and Development
Days based role: 7:30 to 16:00 Monday to Friday (40 hr/week)
Quality Control Engineer (Mechanical Engineer) required for a successful engineering company who are offering an interesting and varied role within the marine industry. This is an ideal opportunity for either an experienced Quality Engineer or an experienced Mechanical Engineer looking to move into a quality focused role, where ongoing quality control training can be provided.
To apply for this role, you will need a working understanding of mechanical equipment and systems such as engines, pumps, piping and control systems. Experience in a quality role would be advantageous however training on this can be provided as it is the engineering background which is key for this role. Candidates with experience working on heavy mechanical equipment, such as diesel plant equipment, ships etc. are encouraged to apply.
The successful candidate will work within the company’s quality department, responsible for ensuring that work is carried out in line with work specifications and quality standards. This will involve checking work carried out both in the company’s site, and on customer ships.
The Quality Control Engineer Role:
· Working within the company’s quality department to ensure the quality of work carried out is in line with the job specification, QC procedures and standards
· Maintain Quality Management System including writing details reports
· Oversee the quality of work carried out in the workshops and on ships, including the work carried out by subcontractors
· Oversee testing of systems
· Attend QC meetings, customer reviews and continuous improvement sessions
· Follow QC procedures and rewrite (where necessary)
· Quality Control training can be provided
The Quality Control Engineer Candidate:
· Mechanical knowledge of engineering systems e.g. engine, propulsion, control etc..
· Background working on heavy equipment such as diesel plant machinery, ships etc.
· Quality background or an interest in moving into a quality focused role