Our growing client is looking to recruit a Lead Quantity Surveyor to join their UK team. Reporting to the Operations Director, you will provide a wide range of support to all functions and will be responsible for the day-to-day Planning and Commercial needs of projects in the United Kingdom, providing an effective advisory service to management and staff. This is a permanent, full time position.
Quantity Surveyor job - What the role involves:
* Procurement & Management
* Tasks undertaken in previous roles to be continued
* Review procurement strategies with the Project Team and propose recommended procurement strategies at various stages of the Project.
* Prepare initial TES (Tender Event Schedule) and distribute to the Technical and Production teams for their comment approval.
* Review and comment on the MDP (Master Development Programme) to ensure it ties in with the TES.
* Monitor the MDP and detailed sequences discussed with specialist Subcontractors throughout the Tender / Procurement process.
* Attend Design Team Meetings, review of initial Tender packs and provide input on optimisation of specification as part of the Value Engineering process.
* Meet specialist consultants at early stages in design process to establish any value engineering opportunities that can be incorporated into the early design.
* Review Tender Lists and provide input into Subcontractors to be considered.
* Maintain an overall input into all procurement activities and presentation of Tender packs to Directors.
* Contractor management €" payments, valuing variations, resolving disputes, Final Accounts. For various value Subcontracts, including more complex packages
* Complete overall Project Benchmark comparison exercises and square foot analysis.
* Approve all Tender Lists, Tender Recommendations, PSIs (Project Specific Instructions), payments, CCOPs (Client Change Order Proposals), NIPs (Notice of Instruction to Proceed) and the like.
* Assist with the development of the Commercial Team, involving them in various elements of the next stages in their development.
* Provide commercial support to the Technical team, assisting with commercial aspects of various Applications / Insurances / Guarantees / Warranties etc.
* Manage commercial and team resources in accordance with budget allowance.
* Recruitment of commercial staff where applicable.
* Correctly identify & prepare Contractual Notices for all events and administer the COC/PSI conditions accordingly
* Identify potential Disputes in a timely manner.
* Cost Plans and Reporting
* Formulating and submitting WIP (Work In Progress) releases in conjunction with the MDP for CCOP sign off.
* Completing restacks against Cost Plans in conjunction with scheme proposals and relay to Finance Team.
* Complete Cost Plan split / allocation exercises in relation to Infrastructure, Commercial areas, etc.
* Produce a consolidated Cost Plan / BOQ from the initial Budget to allocate trade budgets
* Provide the Finance Team with information such as monthly WIP Accruals / Liabilities, monthly Cost Reports, phase build costs and any relevant financial information as requested.
* Produce weekly and monthly progress / key issue reports for Directors.
* Produce monthly Cost Reports for cost review meetings with Directors.
* Summarise Infrastructure costs associated with specific Project, as well as identify and monitor Infrastructure costs
* Review/monitor costs of future upcoming works.
* Monitor the CCOP process, highlighting any proposed adjustments to the Budget.
* Provide Budgets to the Land Team for proposed amendments to any planning changes.
* Provide Budgets for Commercial units to the Development team for any proposed changes to aid with marketing commercial units.
* Attend monthly Production meetings with Technical, Construction team leaders, and Directors.
* Manage Professional Fees Budgets in conjunction with the Technical team. Technical team to provide monthly update on fees schedule for incorporation into cost report.
* Administer the Client Contract e.g. issue Notices of Practical Completion; pull together handover documents in conjunction with the Technical Team.
* Produce & agree external Valuations
* Price customer requests. Confirm with Technical / Production that the request is feasible. Manage the sign off process between Sales and Head of Construction.
* Becoming a dedicated Commercial Team Leader responsible for developing, structuring and maintaining teams, as well as feeding back information and ideas across teams to various Commercial Team Leaders.
Quantity Surveyor job - What we are looking for:
* Quantity Surveying or Construction degree level educated
* Membership of a professional body (CIOB, RICS)
* Proven track record from similar sector specific organisations.
* Hold valid SMSTS, CSCS, First Aid tickets.
Quantity Surveyor job - Individual:
* Solid experience within modular, traditional and bespoke construction projects
* Proactive, self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook
* Keen to deliver exceptional customer service
* An effective leader, motivator and mentor
* Credible, and comfortable in dealing with a wide variety of stakeholders
* Able to work as part of a team
* Previous UK Construction experience is essential.
* Strong work ethic
* An excellent communicator.
* Have strong commercial awareness.
Quantity Surveyor job - Previous suitable job titles; Quantity Surveyor, Senior Quantity Surveyor, Lead Quantity Surveyor, QS, QS Manager
Please apply ASAP