External Reporting Accountant
£45,000 - £65,000 per annum
A family owned, global business is looking for an External Reporting Accountant to join the European insurance arm of the business. In this role you will be responsible for keeping up to date with the latest reporting standards, and working to implement any changes to these standards whilst providing support and insight to the wider business in view of achieving best practice.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
* Continued implementation of IFRS 17 and IFRS 9.
* Contribute to technical accounting projects, focusing on the implementation of any reporting amendments.
* Assisting in the preparation of annual statutory reporting for all of the group's European entities.
* Constantly ensuring the compliance of both new and current reporting standards (UK GAAP & IFRS).
For this role you should:
* Be a qualified / almost qualified accountant (ACA / ACCA).
* Have experience working in an insurance business previously. Either from within a business or within a practice environment.
* Have strong knowledge of reporting requirements and financial standards.
* IFRS 17 experience is preferable, IFRS experience is essential.
* Have a detail focused and analytical mindset.
* Comfortable working with large data sets.
* 2+ years' experience in an insurance accounting role.
This London based, permanent & hybrid role offers flexible working, an annual bonus, and study support for any applicants who need it. This is a great role for someone with 2/3 years' experience, looking for a step up with progression, support and development opportunities.
If the above sounds like you, waste no time and apply online with an up to date CV today!