Work Wales are currently working with an organisation that are committed to changing the lives of young people at a national scale through government policy. We are currently recruiting a Research Assistant (Welsh-Speaking) to work as part of their education team on a fixed-term contract until July 2024.
You will be working on a large and prestigious study testing a new anti-bullying intervention across more than 100 secondary schools. In addition to helping to deliver the intervention to Welsh schools, you responsibilities will include:
* Translating materials into Welsh for use in Welsh-medium schools;
* Arranging and conduction fortnightly visits to each school, working with children ages 11-15 to help tackle conflict in their school;
* Building rapport and adapting to pupils' needs;
* Building positive relationships with schools staff and key stakeholders and they progress through the programme;
* Reflecting on each session and identifying areas where the delivery could be enhanced for future sessions.
The ideal candidate will have:
* Experience on managing projects.
* You can utilise your time to produce high quality work, and can track lots of moving parts in the delivery of the project
* Experience of working with children.
* This could be in the form of leading a youth club, after school club, sports club, etc. You should be able to effectively manage behaviour and deliver a programme of activities.
* Clear communication skills.
* You should be able to explain complex topics in simple terms to ensure understanding, and be able to respond to questions quickly and efficiently.
* An understanding of school dynamics.
* You should have a good grasp of the organisational structure of schools, and a knowledge of the issues faced by teachers and other staff members.
* A basic understanding of Excel to keep track of complex information.
* A full, clean UK drivers licence and access to your own vehicle, as this role will involve you travelling to and from school within the South Wales area.
* Must be a Welsh speaker, as this study is being conducted in Welsh-medium secondary schools as well as English-medium schools.
Interviews are scheduled to take place at the end of Novemeber. For an informal discussion, please contact Ryan on 01792 477340.