Our client a market leader in propagating and growing one of the largest ranges of hardy nursery stock plants in the country are seeking a skilled and experienced Sales Admin Manager to join their expanding team.
We are not wholesale producers, preferring to concentrate on growing small numbers of a large range of rare and unusual plants. Our range starts from propagation through to specimen plants in up to 1000 litre containers.
Our commitment to growing genuine English grown and English provenance native trees & hedging is well known.
This is an opportunity for a unique business experience with a company developing in a special direction. Due to continued expansion we are seeking a Full Time member of staff to join our busy and strongly motivated team to work in a leadership capacity as a Sales Administration Manager. We offer the chance of working with friendly colleagues, within a 20 acre area of growing nursery surrounded by peaceful countryside. The salary is negotiable dependent upon skills and experience. We offer progressive increases and further reward for the post holder who plays an active part in our further development.
The successful candidate will be aware that this post involves work closely associated with the outdoors. Consequently the environment is not a lush office needing smart attire but comfortable clothes and footwear and dressing for a range of weather conditions.
Sales Administration Manager - Job Description
Sales Admin Manager job - Overview
This is a senior post at leadership level for an experienced person reporting directly to the Managing Director. The post is full time within a flexible bandwidth of 7.30 - 18.00 Monday to Friday.
Sales Admin Manager job - Main Duties
* Whilst not completing all tasks personally, you will set up systems to ensure an efficient service to customers from the point of initial enquiry, through to plant selection (which may involve sending photographs to customers), raising of invoices & checking payments. Finally the organisation of collection, delivery by our own vehicle or dispatch by courier, giving customers regular updates along the way.
* Play your part in the team to take phone calls, responding where appropriate and ensuring messages for others are dealt with timeously.
* As part of the team, ensure the new IT systems currently being introduced run smoothly and adapt processes to improve efficiency.
* Take ownership of stock control ensuring that plant stock is checked to ensure the quality, size, numbers and location match the in-house database records
* Working with the sales team ensure the stock database displays accurate prices
* Ensure accurate sales figures are produced for the MD and produce reports on customer service.
* Assist the MD in keeping records to ensure contract costs are allocated to the correct cost centres.
Sales Admin Manager job - Skills and Experience
* Must have an interest in plants and be willing to improve that knowledge, including being comfortable learning Latin plant names
* Must have an interest in environmental issues and understand how our business supports the expanding interest in green matters
* You must have experience of working within a commercial business and be able to work in a pressurised environment
* Have experience of managing people in a small team
* Must be IT literate with a range of programmes.
* Must be pro-active and experienced in working on your own initiative
* Must be experienced in leading colleagues to continual improvement
* Good use of English language
* Must possess good interpersonal skills both face to face and over the telephone
* Must be a good team player and willing to be flexible to assist colleagues
* Be professional in their outlook and communications
Sales Admin Manager job - Benefits
o Opportunity to increase salary and earn bonuses dependent upon performance. Good financial rewards & incentives for the right person
o Sited in a beautiful Suffolk environment
o Staff discount and free plant & design advice
o Free parking
Please apply ASAP
Relevant previous job positons held: Sales Admin Manager, Sales Administration Manager, Sales office manager, sales manager, administration manager, office manager, internal sales manager, internal sales, sales administrator