Sales Business Manager: Central Government & Critical National - Infrastructure (Security Physical – Secure Entry Control) (408lw) - Remote or Southeast UK or North UK - £50,000 - £60,000 pa + car + commission
Location: Remote or Southeast UK or North UK
Reporting to: Head of Sales
DUE TO THE NATURE OF THIS RECRUITMENT CONSULTANCY, WE ARE ONLY ABLE TO REPRESENT INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE EX MILITARY.
Our client has over 30 years’ worth of experience in delivering secure entry control solutions to the UK security industry.
They have established a nationwide presence installing and maintaining projects throughout the UK in a wide variety of sectors. As they continue to grow, it has become more important to define their core values from their company culture, brand and business strategies are formed.
Vision – to create a safer and more secure world. Helping keep premises and staff safe and secure from unauthorised personnel.
Mission – to be the entrance control partner of choice. Using their experience, they develop bespoke and innovative entry control solutions to perfectly match their clients design requirements, ensuring they never need to compromise on a vision. Pushing the boundaries, they continually develop their product offer to provide customers with secure entrance control solutions with architectural appeal.
Overview of role:
Being the driving force behind winning business and growth within the government & CNI sectors, you will take the lead in building strong relationships with Key Influencers, National Main Contractors, Architects, Consultants, Security Integrators, government agencies and departments (the client) operating within this specialist sector.
- Be the ‘expert’ and ‘go to’ resource within the company on all things Government (mainly Central Government)
- Build trust relationships with new and existing contacts and DMU’s, positioning client as the trusted, expert for security entrance control.
- Coordinate all specifications, design, pricing, and winning orders for Government projects.
- Prospecting, lead sourcing, and finding new business opportunities will be part of your everyday life.
- Negotiate, close, and win deals.
- Provide regular sales forecasts and other analysis as required.
- Participate in and openly share information at weekly team / individual dialogues or meetings.
- Contributing ideas to sales and marketing materials and initiatives
- Organise and attend regular meetings with the operational delivery teams to ensure open and clear communications and smooth running of projects as well as great customer communication and feedback.
- Ensure our Governmental clients have the long-term care required by supporting the sale of maintenance contracts to installed projects.
- Liaising with other departments to ensure the client always provide the right products and services.
- Obtain enough expertise and input from others (internally and externally) to mitigate and eliminate risk to the company both legally and financially.
- To maintain minimum financial performance requirements by ensuring that booked order margin targets are met.
- Maintain correct ‘paper trail’ on all communications, discussions, and negotiations.
- Produce reports as needed, encompassing all areas under your responsibility, this will include a lead-by-lead detail breakdown, pipeline projections and order intake forecasting.
- Actively seek to reduce expenditure by reducing travel and promote use of technology.
- Champion the use of all company systems and drive better performance with better data.
- Ensure all activity and data are entered correctly on to the systems and that all reports are accurate and up to date.
- Help & Support other teams and departments with training and other input as needed.
- Represent the company at trade shows and other events as needed both domestic and international.
- The ensure regular communication to your line manager and the broader business, sharing information and helping the growth and health of the business in general.
- As the department grows, this role has excellent opportunities for career progression
- Your success will be supported by a marketing team, prospector & estimators.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- Sales/account management/business development experience (prior experience of generating sales revenue/contracts ranging £100k to £1 million+)
- Experience of managing key stakeholder relationships in central government - understand the language, procurement & sales process
- Experience of Critical National Infrastructure (CNI) environment (& CPNI and what it represents – you can be trained in other accreditations such as LPS1175)
- Have sold similar products, secure entry control solutions, electronic, physical security, high security devices.
- Can read a CAD drawing
- UK Security Clearance (or willingness to undertake)
- Ex-armed forces or ex police background would be beneficial
If you are interested in applying, please send a copy of your CV with a covering letter outlining why this would be the ideal opportunity for you, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org