Security Controller (416jc) – Winfrith, Dorset – Up to £45k + Benefits
My client is a respected and rapidly expanding manufacturing company based in Dorset is now looking to recruit a Security Controller for their Winfrith site.
DUE TO THE NATURE OF THIS RECRUITMENT CONSULTANCY, WE ARE ONLY ABLE TO REPRESENT INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE EX MILITARY.
You will be working predominantly on their defence contracts and will be responsible for maintaining and updating the security management system. This role will also include some responsibility for recruitment and continuous improvement.
Your duties & responsibilities will include:
- Maintain security culture in line with MOD requirements, reporting to Programme Manager.
- Maintenance of all security procedures Sy Ops, ensuring their effectiveness within the business.
- Take ownership and control of the asset register.
- Monitor any changes to facility/company and update security policies accordingly.
- Carry out toolbox talks & training for production/management staff with regards to security policies.
- Hold ultimate authority for control of all security and associated accreditations, compliances and activity across the business and posts of Security Controller and Atomic Liaison Officer.
- Undertake all aspects of protectively marked material control and storage and destruction.
- Manage CCTV and access control at sites ensuring appropriate control measures are in place.
- Full responsibility for documenting and maintaining the Security Policy and Risk Management Accreditation document sets.
- Manage defence contract obligations and associated actions including logging and distributing Security Aspects Letters, policy management and arranging and conducting audits.
- Keep up to date on all relevant legislative changes, technological advances and best practice working closely with the Facilities and Health and Safety Managers.
- Take full responsibility for the safeguarding of crypto information and supporting IT consultant in delivery of cyber security environment.
- Provide security advice and best practice guidance to the business in respect of site relocations and acquisitions and business continuity planning.
- Assist HR with security vetting on new staff, review, and routine refresher briefings for all employees and prior to overseas travel of existing staff.
- Facilities Management- Managing service contracts of Plant & Equipment to the required schedule.
To be eligible for this role you will need the following:
Key Skills and Qualifications
- 2 – 5 years in a Security Controller position.
- DISA accredited Security Controller.
- DISA accredited Document Information Security.
- DISA accredited Security vetting.
- Positive and professional attitude with the ability to work well independently.
- Proactive with the ability to identify process improvement and implement any changes.
Other desirable Skills & Qualifications:
- Lean and 5S experience.
- Experience of performing audits.
- Previous experience of managing a team.
The ideal candidate would be someone who has passed their Crypto Course during their service and has fulfilled a Crypto custodian role during their service.
In return they are offering an excellent salary and benefits package which is designed to attract the right individual to join their ever-expanding company.
For more information, please contact Jean-Claude Hedouin, at Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd on 0333 202 6500 or firstname.lastname@example.org or via the website www.ex-mil.co.uk