Client is a leading Life Insurance, who require a part-qualified Life Actuary to support the business for 5.5 months.
This opportunity is perfect for a part-qualified actuary, looking to gain additional experience in a supportive and collaborative business.
Escape the chaos of London and enjoy the peace and tranquillity of Buckinghamshire
Salary: Up to £45,000 (per annum)
Duration: 5.5 Months (potential for extension/permanent opportunity)
Ability to work independently to support the following department objectives as agreed by the Actuarial Manager.
Ability to lead development of departmental models and processes to provide improve efficiency or provide additional insight into the financial management of the company.
The responsibilities of the department include:
* Solvency II valuation, including Pillar I, II and III.
* UK GAAP statutory valuation.
* Support financial projection and planning work.
* Management of with-profits business, including recommendations on investment strategy and bonus rates.
* Pricing of annuity business and policy alteration terms
* Experience Analyses and recommending valuation assumption
* Development and maintenance of actuarial models
* Asset Liability Management
* Part qualified actuary (actuarial student)
* Knowledge of Solvency II; Pillars, I, II and III
* Experience of working within the Actuarial Function of a UK Life assurer
* Excellent communication skills,
* Good report writing skills, including technical specs and writing high level reports for Senior Stakeholders
* Possess the gravitas to deal with senior stakeholders and project sponsors.
* Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously seeking support where appropriate for prioritisation
Please apply today or contact Chris.Armstrong@oliverjames.com with a copy of your CV