Catfoss Recruitment Ltd are currently in partnership with a globally respected R&D company that is looking to recruit a Senior Aerodynamics Engineer to their expanding team on a permanent basis.
Senior Aerodynamics Engineer - Key Purpose of the Job:
The successful candidate would be working alongside a multi-disciplinary team of highly skilled engineers to provide our customers with high quality aerodynamic data from a variety of equipment and techniques used across the company's R&D facilities and High-Performance Computing cluster, among others.
A key requirement from a Senior Engineer within our business, is leadership, ownership of tasks, and helping to support the development of more junior staff and capabilities within the department.
Senior Aerodynamics Engineer - Needs to Do:
* Provide proficient technical input and experienced support and guidance within the Project Team
* Deliver projects to the satisfaction of the customer to the required quality standards within time and cost constraints
* Deal with client requests as appropriate, participate in the preparation of technical bids and oversee aerodynamic, mechanical, computing and programme requirements for R&D tests and other tests
* Take senior responsibility for data quality and timely provision of results and/or reports to a global client base.
* Represent company interests in the UK and overseas at conferences or client meetings as appropriate
* Conduct analysis and interpretation of aerodynamic datasets.
* Support other experimental and numerical tasks relevant to the business.
* Produce written technical reports to accompany analysis and development activities
* Be proactive in the on-going development of innovative processes and our capabilities
* Actively coach others to improve team capabilities.
Senior Aerodynamics Engineer - Needs to Know:
* Will ideally hold a Masters or equivalent level degree in an aerospace related discipline
* Will have 5 years minimum industrial or academic work experience
* Experience of aerodynamic testing
* Prior knowledge and experience of advanced testing techniques would be advantageous
* Demonstrable knowledge of Aerodynamics from a relevant field. Knowledge of transonic aerodynamics would be highly regarded
* Broad understanding within engineering discipline, and good awareness of wider domains and integration issues
Senior Aerodynamics Engineer - Needs to Be:
* Ability and experience of working in a multi-disciplinary team
* Excellent communication and networking skills
* Willingness to engage with both internal and external parties
* Ability to see projects through to completion
* Exhibit confidence to question the status quo and to strive for improvement
Senior Aerodynamics Engineer - Key Relationships:
* Working with technical consultants
* Working with more junior team members to instil knowledge and an emphasis on understanding
* Key customer contact
- Measures of Performance:
* Consolidation and broadening of the skills matrix
* Feedback from other team members
* Quality of work
* Timeliness of the work delivered
* Cost-effectiveness of the work delivered
* Team spirit
Senior Aerodynamics Engineer previous suitable job titles: Aerodynamics Engineer, Principal Aerodynamics Engineer, Aerodynamic Engineer, Aeronautical Engineer, CFD Engineer, Aerodynamicist
Successful candidates must satisfy security clearance requirements - including the last 5 years continual UK residency.
Please apply ASAP