Senior AWS Python Developer
Location: Working from Home / City of London
Salary: £120,000 - £140,000 depending on experience + Bonus / Benefit package
I am currently working with a leading London based, Asset Manager that are looking for a Senior AWS Python Developer to join a Multi-Asset Technology team where the goal is to deliver the next generation of technology capabilities.
You will become part of this multi-year project, participating in the design and build of greenfield applications.
Direct experience working with/for an Asset Manager is required for this role.
You will work on:
* You will design and build an AWS-based application suite for the Multi-Asset group.
* Add and improve user-facing functionality for our analysts, such as resolving/setting investment allocations and handling the order lifecycle.
* You will work with business partners and analysts to prioritize the requirements and features.
* Work with technology peers across the company in design and implementation.
* Lead projects or work streams.
* Be accountable for your work and sometimes others, provide process and standards advice in your area of specialization.
* Work independently.
* Serve as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
* Typically requires a BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related field of study and 6+ years of progressive professional experience.
* Stays up to date with new technologies.
* 2+ years of React UI development(React) UI development (min 2 years).
* 5+ years of Kotlin / Java / Python backend development (min 5 years).
* Proficient in Database querying and designing for relational DBs (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL).
* Develops data models or schemas from scratch and knows of key concepts such as ACID, Normalization, and Transactions.
* Proficiency in cloud technologies (AWS preferred).
* Shows dedication to quality by implementing suitable software using unit/integration and acceptance testing at the time of feature development.
* Debugs large components with limited assistance and assists other specialists.
* Designs and develops practical APIs and abstractions.