Senior Business Data Analyst - Insurance
£50,000 - £55,000 per annum
My client is a Lloyds Insurance firm based in London and they are looking to appoint a Senior Business Data Analyst to join their data warehousing team and help with defining solutions and data requirements for the Management Information, Finance and Actuarial reporting systems.
* Perform system and data analysis, and source-to-target mapping through the various layers of the data warehouse and its downstream systems, reconciling at each stage of the ETL process
* Working closely with the other parts of the company to understand and facilitate the identification and documentation of business units' reporting data requirements.
* Build and maintain strong relationships across business divisions to ensure the quality and content of the data within the systems meets business and statutory requirements.
* Engage with third party suppliers in the delivery of quality data to support business data requirements.
* Respond to data related questions and enquiries, using available data tools and procedures and ensuring adherence to defined processes and best practice guidelines.
* Work with the IT development team to specify and, help maintain and improve the mapping logic and interfaces from the source systems into the data warehouse. Experience of ETL processes.
* To work with IT and the business stakeholders to maintain and improve the interfaces from the data warehouse that flow into various downstream systems
* Business analysis and requirements gathering skills, including the ability to interpret and align multiple stakeholders' requirements.
* Technical data management skills to support role
* Solid experience in a business analytics / data management role
* Previous experience in insurance, including Lloyd's and London Market based
* Excellent Technical BI / MI skills, specifically with data warehouse reporting tools such as MS Integration Services, MS Reporting Services, Power BI, and/or Tableau.
* Excellent technical knowledge of SQL and relational databases.
* Experience with data warehousing and reporting tools and an excellent knowledge of SQL Server. Should be able to write complex t-sql queries.
* Experience producing technical specifications detailing solutions for approval by users and for technical use by developers and testers.