Job Title: Senior Buyer
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 pa DoE
Office based, multi-site, with 2 days working from home
Our client is a major player in fresh produce and is clearly established in the UK with strong relationships with all their customers. They are continuing to expand by offering innovation, quality and service to their customers. As a result of this continued growth, they are now looking for a Senior Buyer to join their busy procurement team.
You will be accountable for the relationship management and development of procurement for product groups. As well as new business development to deliver high performance growth and profit.
* Responsible for product procurement
* Develop existing and new relationships with growers and suppliers across the UK and internationally
* Negotiating the best terms and price with suppliers and growers
* Work alongside the Commercial teams, Ops teams, Technical Manager, and Senior Procurement Manager
* Responsible for stock control, waste, profitability, service quality, and accurate forecasting
* Previous experience of procurement within Fresh Produce
* Ability to travel abroad (roughly 3x per year)
* Strong knowledge & experience of procurement processes
* Proven ability to communicate effectively on all levels
* A self-starter with strong problem-solving skills & the ability to bring process to complex scenarios
* Proven people skills
If you believe you have the skills and personality to fit these requirements, please get in touch with Lee Bearley email@example.com or call 07917877394 for more information.