Senior Cabling Technician
A market leading telecoms company is looking for a Cabling Technician to work with some of the worlds leading brands in telecoms and technology.
Principle Accountabilities / Objectives:
The Cabling Technician is responsible for effective duties as set out below and will provide additional support to ensure engineering teams deliver on time, in budget and quality. The Cabling Technician will also work towards gaining technical engineering competence and adhere to Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality (SHEQ) standards.
responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
· Qualified and experienced in physically building Telecoms Infrastructure services from plans and to Quality requirements.
· Fault Finding. Ability to receive instructions (written and/or verbal) from GSC (Ixxx and/or customer) to resolve outstanding issues.
· Installation of metalwork, basket work and basic rack and stack services
· Fibre and cable pulling, dressing, labelling and secure of same
· Copper Cable termination including Cat "x" and E1 terminations
· Fibre Cable termination using Fusion Splicer or Polishing Techniques
· Use of Fluke Versiv tester to test Copper/Fibre installations
· Continuity, test and measurement of cable and fibre runs
Other Key Responsibilities:
· Establish and maintain excellent working relationships
· Comply with company & local standards, procedures & protocols with specific responsibility for performance to engineering key performance indicators.
· Ensure Health & Safety and Engineering Quality standards are always maintained.
· Always represent and promote in a professional manner.
· Demonstrate flexibility to meet business requirements.
· Complete other ad hoc duties as required.
· Full UK Driving Licence
· Manual Handling
· Proven experience with Fibre Optic cabling and working in Data Centre environments.
· Ability to troubleshoot faults using various test equipment such as LSPM.
· Conversant in using a Fluke Versiv tester to test Fibre and copper.
· Experience in terminating copper cables.
· Fibre Splicing City & Guilds
· NRSWA Unit 2 Chapter 8
· NVQ Level 3 Diploma Professional Competence for IT and Telecoms Professionals 501/1291/0
· NVQ Level 3 Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles 501/1435/9
· Rooftop Awareness
· RF Awareness
· First Aid
Experience and Qualification:
· Must be PC literate, especially Microsoft Office suite including Microsoft Excel.
· Demonstrate a flexible approach to the role, with the ability to adapt and react to business needs.
ITHR Group is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. ITHR Group is an Equal Opportunities employer; we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.