Senior Fabric Estimator
Strong Group are currently working with an established, medium-sized M&E contractor based in Hertfordshire who are actively searching for a capable Fabric Estimator to join them on a permanent basis.
The Senior Estimator will be responsible for leading the estimating process for our specialist construction and M&E projects, ranging in value from £50K to £5M. You will work with the M&E estimating team, bring your experience of fabric construction and be expected to interface with both our existing and prospective new clients. This position will involve the day-to-day management of the tender process to ensure standards are maintained and deadlines are met. Candidates will need to demonstrate a broad knowledge of the industry and will have experience in a wide range of sectors, including Commercial, Healthcare, and public building projects. This is a permanent position with strong career prospects.
Job Description for a Senior Fabric Estimator:
Project Estimation: Utilise your expertise to Read and fully understand client specifications and drawings, accurately estimate the costs considering all relevant factors, such as labour, materials, equipment, subcontractor bids, and project-specific requirements. Prepare and submit quotation.
Cost Analysis: Conduct thorough cost analysis and value engineering assessments to optimise project budgets while maintaining the highest quality standards.
Bid Management: Lead the bid preparation process, coordinating with internal stakeholders, subcontractors, and suppliers to ensure all required information is gathered in a timely and efficient manner. Presenting the bid to clients and answering their questions.
Risk Assessment: Identify potential project risks and uncertainties related to estimating, providing recommendations and solutions to mitigate such risks.
Vendor Relations: Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with subcontractors and suppliers, ensuring competitive pricing and timely responses to bids.
Collaboration: Collaborate closely with our project and business development teams to ensure seamless communication and coordination during the estimating process.
Cost Estimating Tools: Utilise industry-standard estimating software and tools proficiently to streamline the estimating process and enhance accuracy.
Person Specification for a Senior Fabric Estimator:
* +5 years of estimator role working in the construction industry, ideally M&E delivery with strong fabric/ construction knowledge
* Good knowledge of the fabrication building services sector Current statutory and best practice of CDM2015 regulations
* Planning and prioritising
* Analytical and accurate
* Strong communicator - verbal and presentation
* Able to develop and build collaborative relationships at all levels
* Ability to juggle and manage priorities from different sources
* Assess relative risk and allocate time accordingly
* Manage performance: monitor, give feedback, and confront issues with more senior people and sub-contractors
* Effective communication skills according to audience
* Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint applications
* Excellent negotiating skills
* Confident to deliver presentations
* HNC / HND
Salary for this role has been quoted as up to £85,000 p.a plus package
Please apply with your CV or get in touch for more details: email@example.com / 020 3967 5020