Senior Finance Manager
West Yorkshire, flexible working location
Up to £70,000 per annum
This is an ideal opportunity for an indiviudal who is ready for their next step into a progressive business with an outstanding, people first culture.
The aim is to manage the preparation and production of Investments and FX reporting across the team, including detailed portfolio analysis, performance reporting, analysis of asset & liability matching, monitoring compliance with investment guidelines, supporting risk management and regulatory reporting of portfolios.
In addition, the role is responsible for FX analysis, hedging and supports the production of associated disclosures in annual statutory financial statements. The role includes working with senior stakeholders across European Finance, Tax, risk management and legal teams; as well as Asia and Group Finance teams; external auditors and regulators.
Your responsibilities for this role may include, but are not limited to:
* Manage a team of finance professionals, responsible for the analysis and reporting of investment portfolios, including reporting to the Investment Committee on portfolio performance, compliance and risk metrics.
* Manage foreign exchange hedging and review processes, including analysis of PL actual results to identify hedging effectiveness and reporting to senior finance stakeholders.
* Oversight of FX and Investment risk monitoring and controls, compliance, RAS limits and production of Investment and FX risk dashboards.
* Co-ordinate the preparation, review and audit of investment and FX related statutory reporting for legal entities and within the European Operations group.
* Review investment related regulatory updates and reporting obligations, implementing changes where necessary to ensure compliance.
* Lead internal process reviews to identify potential process improvements and ensure compliance with corporate, regulatory, and statutory requirements.
* Build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders (including senior members of finance, risk and actuarial).
* Liaise with internal and external auditors, risk management and compliance teams.
You will need to be able to display you have the following knowledge, skills and experience:
* Qualified Accountant or comparable experience gained within the insurance industry. 5+ years post qualified experience
* Strong investment and foreign exchange knowledge
* Strong planning and organisational skills
* Advanced Excel skills including pivot tables and v-lookups; ability to analyse, interpret and communicate financial data
* Significant experience of working in a complex financial services environment, insurance industry experience preferred
* A ''can-do'' attitude to driving change in established businesses and an ability to deal with ambiguity during change, having the ability to challenge and influence commercial decisions.