My client prides themselves on being socially responsible with an excellent, employee focussed culture. With a clear progression path and a top quality team, this is a great opportunity for development and would suit a practice trained individual looking for their second industry move / first move if manager and above.
The aim of this role is to ensure the completeness, accuracy and consistency of underlying data. The role holder will ensure key financial numbers are reconciled, collated and reported to internal standard.
Your responsibilities for this role may include, but are not limited to:
* Reviewing and challenging the Syndicate underwriting results, working closely with the Finance Business Partners.
* Review the reserves in conjunction with the Actuarial Department to ensure completeness and accuracy.
* Producing commentary for senior management around the Syndicate results, reviewing late adjustments, bridging analysis, group balance sheet analytics and COB reviews on a quarterly basis.
* Overseeing and providing data into the annual Statement of Actuarial Opinion (SAO), UK Tax and US Level II returns.
* Involvement in producing the Lloyd's QMA and QMB quarterly returns.
* Assist in the monthly and quarterly close process, including preparation and posting of underwriting and non-underwriting journals for the Lloyd's Syndicates for submission to the (Re) / Insurance Finance Director, senior European (EO) management and Group.
* Ensure the statutory books and records are properly maintained in accordance with Accounting policies and market best practice and the balance sheet appropriately reflects the Syndicate position.
You will need to be able to display you have the following qualifications and experience:
* Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA or equivalent).
* Ideally recent or current experience of working for a Syndicate or Company Insurance Accounting team.
* Significant experience of working in a complex financial services environment.
* Strong financial accounting background with experience of reviewing Insurance Underwriting results preferable.
* Familiarity with Oracle, TM1 and Hyperion desirable.
* Experienced MS Excel user (pivots, if statements, lookups and experience of working with large amounts of data) and other MS Office applications.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.