Brilliant opportunity for a Senior Fire Engineer to join an established and highly regarded Fire Safety and Engineering team in Manchester.
The Fire Engineering practice has been established for over 30 years and they operate across 20 locations around the world. They have delivered well over 100 net zero Fire Safety projects and work across a broad-spectrum including commercial, leisure, pharmaceutical, mixed use and residential. The work has been recognized and commended with several Fire Engineering awards.
The role will also include:
* Managing multiple engineering projects simultaneously from conception through to onsite completion. You will be informing and supporting the building design aspirations, functionality, and architectural form throughout the design process.
* Leveraging the latest smart technology to advance fire safety practices and services.
* Supporting the development of business strategy and digital innovations.
* Undertaking business development activities including identifying potential workstreams. work winning and establishing a network of clients.
* Being customer and end user centric and cultivate that philosophy in our team.
* Managing others in developing and implementing fire strategies, projects, research initiatives and digital strategies.
* Managing our external collaborators some of whom are based internationally.
* Prepare reports, take part in design team meetings, and liaise with client representatives as required
* Managing financial performance on any assigned projects, ensuring timely delivery of high-quality design.
* The day-to-day coordination and supervision of the activities of an internal project team ensuring project deliverables are achieved.
* Supporting the development of less experienced team members and checking their work in accordance with technical standards and core operational procedures.
* Developing fire engineering solutions on projects and ensuring the fire engineering strategy delivered.
* Identify design related issues and propose solutions as appropriate. Be aware when assistance is necessary and seek support from experienced members of the team when appropriate.
* Formulating fire strategies and advising external clients on implementation of fire regulations and standards.
* Negotiating with approving authorities.
* Devising and applying performance-based design solutions.
* Producing engineering designs, calculations and specifications using appropriate software.
* The preparation and development of fee proposals.
* Assisting with due diligence, passive fire protection and fire system surveys.
* Promoting professional development and skills sharing initiatives.
* Understanding the implementation of fire safety from the client brief through to construction and operation.
* Assisting with recruitment activities as and when required
* Adherence to company policies, procedures, and values.
Technical & Professional Expertise
* A relevant bachelor's degree, or equivalent professional qualification/expereince
* Experience in a fire engineering role preferably within a consulting, client facing or other similar environment.
* Experience as a senior fire engineer including managing multiple projects to meet quality, time, and cost constraints.
* Detailed knowledge of applying local fire safety codes, regulations, and standards.
* Proven experience with negotiating approving authorities.
* Proven experience of leading internal project delivery teams.
* Extensive experience of delivering fire engineering solutions for UK based
* Good knowledge of fire engineering software packages.
* Salary - £55-70,000 experience dependent.
* Bonus scheme-discretional 3% on salary
* Pension scheme-6% matched
* Summer/ Christmas party
* Training and development (bursary given to go on courses relevant to career progression)
* Private healthcare and wellbeing
* Structured career path
* Gym membership
If you are a Senior Fire Engineer considering your career opportunities then please contact Gavin Bray at Brandon James
01628 367 050
Senior Fire Engineer | Manchester | MIFireE | Fire Safety | | Fire Safety Team | Fire Engineer Opportunities