SENIOR IT SUPPORT ENGINEER
Our globally respected client is looking to recruit an ambitious and motivated Senior IT Support Engineer to work as part of a determined and professional team, providing support to the overall IT services team.
The ideal candidate will be someone who can be responsible for the day-to-day support of IT infrastructure and software as well as maintaining networks including remote services and remote access. You will be someone who is focused on IT security and have excellent communication and customer service skills.
SENIOR IT SUPPORT ENGINEER Job - Main responsibilities:
* Ensuring the availability of IT services and resources.
* Supporting company remote users and remote services. Setting up, maintaining and documenting VPN and FTP links when requested.
* Supporting and maintaining Windows & Linux systems;
* Supporting and maintaining network and mobile device security and access to appropriate resources.
* Monitoring of file and folder access application and firewalls and reporting concerns to the IT Manager.
* Monitoring the effectiveness of incident management and making recommendations for improvement and driving the efficiency and effectiveness of the incident management process.
* Helping to design services and applications with the IT Manager, ensuring that they meet the requirements of the company.
* Documenting and establishing the final release configuration of services and applications, including updates to service and applications. Building the release; testing it and updating documentation.
* Establishing and reporting outstanding known errors and workarounds and recommending permanent resolutions to issues and problems.
* Providing input to support change authorisation for check-in of the release.
* Ensure all work requests are logged in the IT management information system (MIS).
* Coach and develop other members of the IT services team in relation to IT issues and solutions.
* Comply with the Health and Safety procedures and quality standards.
* Carry out any other duties which may be required in order to facilitate the efficient and effective running of the department as requested by the IT Manager.
* Member of the IT on-call team.
* Working outside normal working hours may be required occasionally.
SENIOR IT SUPPORT ENGINEER Job - Essential Skills and Qualifications:
* Bachelor's Degree in IT (or related subject) - Preferred
* OR a Minimum A Level education and/or HND with extensive experience.
* Experience of VMWare; Firewalls, configuration and monitoring.
* Strong experience of Microsoft server and Linux server
* Experience of IT service support.
* Knowledge and experience of SQL
* Strong Linux server and applications knowledge and experience.
* Network management
* Experience in supporting HPC environments.
Senior IT Support Engineer job - Desirable skills and Qualifications:
* ITIL Foundation certification.
* Microsoft certification in Windows servers MCSA.
* Knowledge of IT security environments and standards.
* IT security experience in the defence sector.
The successful candidate must satisfy security clearance requirements - including the last 5 years continual UK residency.
Senior IT Support Engineer job - suitable previous job titles: IT Engineer, IT Support Engineer, Senior IT Engineer, IT Support Technician, Senior IT Technician, Senior IT Support Technician
Please apply ASAP