Oliver James are partnered with a global consulting group who are seeking to appoint Senior Data Analytics Manager within their Financial Services segment. The role is London-based - through a hybrid working arrangement - and pays up to c£95,000 basic salary excluding benefits and bonuses.
As a Senior Manager, you will be managing engagements and will be responsible for designing and developing ways to automate and re-imagine audits, coaching teams and having a leadership role in the group. You would lead teams which develop audit solutions by implementing innovative technologies, such as Alteryx, SQL. Python, R, Power BI, PowerApps, Process Intelligence. You will build a strong understanding for the role data and analytics plays in the modern day audit and review and quality control of the outputs.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
* Data management, including data extraction and data cleansing processes;
* Analytics and reporting, including visualisation of data to help organisations manage business risk establish the right controls, processes and structures to ensure that information can be trusted and improve decision-making;
* Advanced analytics, where we use data science techniques to help our clients navigate future risks and opportunities through predictive and prescriptive analytics.
* Strong market credentials in data & analytics working with large organisations and an ability to demonstrate knowledge and insight in data management, data cleansing and data analytics
* Solid experience in managing projects, including developing project plans, budgets and deliverables schedules;
* Experience of the full engagement delivery lifecycle including risk and stakeholder management;
* Strong leadership skills an experience
* Proven analytical and problem solving capabilities on complex engagements
* ERPs experience
* Audit experience, and experience of applying data analytics within the external audit process; and
* Use of technology in data & analytics including for use in providing managed services
* Knowledge and experience of at least three of the following:
* Data extraction from financial accounting systems;
* Data clearing techniques and tools
* A vision of how data analytics are going to be applied and development in the external audit practice
* Understanding of key accounting principles and process cycles including revenue to receivables, purchase to cash
* Data analytic technology such as Alteryx, SQL, Python, R,
* SQL (preferably SQL Server) and data manipulation; and
* Machine learning techniques
* Use of visualisation technologies such as Power BI and Tableau