You will manage report production activities ensuring the accuracy and consistency of underlying data, and to liaise with external and internal customers to formulate and implement policy / procedures, whilst overseeing continuous improvement in levels of control and automation, through leveraging our evolving stack of reporting and analytical tools.
Given the fast pace and cyclical demand, it's important that you already have an in-depth understanding of the workings of a finance department and be driven to succeed.
* Working with the Regulatory Reporting function to ensure continued subject matter expertise for requirements of evolving regulatory reporting landscape exists within the team
* Contribute to the formulation and ongoing refinement of policies / procedures to ensure operational effectiveness in meeting regulatory reporting obligations, on continued basis
* Contribute to and drive continuous improvement activity in Regulatory reporting processes
* Maintain strong relationships with internal & external stakeholders, to ensure service delivery meets customer expectations.
* Motivate and aid the development of more junior team members so as to ensure the required standards of performance as well as knowledge-sharing, thereby minimising single-point dependencies
* Responsible for the completion of specific Solvency II Pillar 3 reporting requirements (Quantitative and Qualitative) in compliance with EIOPA/PRA/NBB/Lloyd's rules and guidance
* Proactively interpret regulatory guidance and be a part of the European Operations expert team on regulatory technical guidance
* Design, own and manage SII reporting cycle process and controls including documentation
* Solvency monitoring and presentation of analysis
* Involvement in the production of the Standard Formula
* Development of strong relationships with managers from various departments across European Operations in order to obtain the appropriate information required
* Assisting with ad-hoc regulatory reporting requirements
* Be a qualified accountant (for example ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
* Have excellent knowledge of relevant current regulatory reporting requirements in the insurance industry.
* Have worked with different reporting and/or business intelligence tools to manipulate data into specified formats required by regulators
* Can demonstrate experience of structured process improvement / continuous improvement activity
* Be confident building controls into processes.
* Be confident working with and presenting financial information
* Attention to detail strong planning and organisational skills
* Intermediate to Advanced skills in MS Office applications
* Strong interpersonal skills, with an ability to communicate clearly and effectively with key stakeholders, including experience presenting Solvency II related outputs to different audiences
* Excellent problem-solving skills