FINTEC recruit is seeking a Senior Supportability Engineer for our engineering consultancy client. This is a permanent role based in Edinburgh and you will require to have an electronics background/experience, working within a multi-discipline engineering team on full engineering lifecycle of sensor system products. Salary negotiable by experience, relocation assistance available.
* Actively involved in analysing, assessing and influencing supportability characteristics and performance for sensor system products.
* Working with the design team ensuring product reliability, failure detection, isolation and in service support is met
* Interrogating functional block diagrams, equipment drawings, circuit diagrams to identify failure mechanisms and determine preventative action
* Determining maintenance tasks, times and frequency.
* Defining Built-In-Test Strategy and verifying achieved capability.
* Analysing Failure Data, estimating cost of failure and determining root cause.
* Identifying equipment hazards and mitigation action to prevent injury or environmental impacts.
* Modelling through life costs.
* Engaging with the Integrated Project Teams to deliver Reliability, Maintainability and Testability (RM&T) analysis work packages.
* Using a variety of analytical techniques and procedures to perform RM&T analysis on integrated systems.
Skills and Experience required for the Senior Supportability Engineer role:
* Degree qualified in an Engineering / related science or equivalent work experience.
* Experience in electronics is essential
* Adaptable and innovative-embracing new initiatives and how to transfer them into service capabilities
* Reliability analysis, Fault detection and isolation analysis
* Reliability Centred Maintenance analysis; Maintenance Task Analysis
* Equipment Failure Modes Effects Analysis (FMEA)
* Failure Reporting and Corrective Action System (FRACAS) data collection and analysis
* Hazard Identification and Safety Management
* Fault Tree Analysis
* Operational Risk Analysis
* Experience of one or more of the following technologies would be beneficial:
* Matlab / Simulink
* PTC Windchill Quality Solutions
* Jira and Python
* Common interfaces i.e. RS422, 1553, I2C/SPI, Ethernet
Full details of the Senior Supportability Engineer role is available on application. To apply please submit your current CV to apply at FINTEC recruit