FINTEC recruit is seeking a Senior Test Systems Design Engineer for our engineering consultancy client based in Edinburgh. This is to design and develop complex text solutions for radar systems, working across the full engineering lifecycle from requirements capture to final delivery. You will require to have a good engineering background and experience across the full lifecycle of large scale projects, ideally with radar systems. Competitive salary negotiable by experience, relocation support available.
Responsibilities for the Senior Test Systems Design Engineer:
* Design and development across full lifecycle through conceptual, preliminary and detailed design, procurement and manufacturing support.
* Integrate the hardware with the hosted software and firmware through to acceptance test and delivery
* Create high quality, robust data packs
* Supervision of junior engineers, mentor and coaching as required
* Work closely with software and firmware engineers in solving real integration problems at system level
Skills and experience required to carry out the SeniorTest Systems Design Engineer role:
* Degree qualified in electronic engineering, related science or equivalent work experience
* Able to analyse system level documents and derive detailed unit requirements
* Experience of de-bugging and testing new designs, supporting module and system related test, verification and integration project phases as required
Desirable skills: experience of designing solutions for one or more of the following technologies:
* Radio Frequency/Microwave/Antenna; Digital and/or Analogue; power supplies; high speed digital interfacing; common interfaces ie RS422, 1553, 12C/SPI, Ethernet.
* Experience of high level programming in one or more of the following development environments would be an advantage (not an essential)
* National instruments TestStand; National Instruments LabWindows CVI; National Instruments LabVIEW/LabVIEW FPGA
* Knowledge of requirements management tools such as DOORS.
Full details of the Senior Test Systems Design Engineer is available on application. To apply please submit your current CV.
FINTEC recruit offers specialist recruitment support for businesses in Engineering, Technology, FinTech and financial markets, including supporting roles in procurement, business development, health and safety and quality management positions, for both permanent and temporary staffing.