Fed-up servicing kit in unpleasant environments and / or want to stop working shifts? As one of our Field Service Engineers / Field Maintenance Engineers, you'll travel the UK installing and servicing our high-value capital equipment, used by luxury car and boat brands, as well as many other precision OEM's. If you want long-term security, variety and great working conditions, apply now!
BASIC SALARY: £30,000 - £45,000 depending on experience
· Weekend and Special Bonuses
· Generous subsistence
· Fully expensed vehicle
· All tools provided
· 25 days holidays
LOCATION: This is a field service role that will require you to travel throughout the UK on occasion, but you should be based in the Midlands area.
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Birmingham, Stoke-on-Trent, Nottingham, Loughborough, Leicester, Rugby, Coventry, Wolverhampton, Derby, Stafford, Telford, Corby, Cannock, Solihull, Burton-upon-Trent, Dudley, Stourbridge, Nuneaton, Hinckley.
· You'll be installing, servicing and training customers on cutting-edge, high-precision capital equipment in clean environments.
· You'll be fully trained, including spending time at our Swiss HQ.
· You'll get to see the inner workings of some of the most prestigious OEM's in the UK.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Service Engineer, Field Service Engineer, Mechanical Engineer
Mainly based around the Sheffield - Leeds area, but covering the UK as required, you'll be installing and servicing our high-value digital flatbed cutting machinery, used in signs and display graphics, print and packaging, textiles, composites, aerospace, automotive, motorsport and the leather industry.
Our equipment is modular and the role will include:
· Fault diagnosis & component swap-out
· Software updates
· Machine overhaul and refreshment
Typically you'll attend one job per day, on-site hours are 9.00am - 5.00pm.
PERSON SPECIFICATION: Service Engineer, Field Service Engineer, Mechanical Engineer
You MUST be an experienced Mechanical Engineer, used to servicing large or high value industrial capital equipment.
You should also:
· Be prepared to travel throughout the UK and stay away overnight on occasion as well as happy to travel overseas for training and emergency cover when required.
· Have experience of working as a Field Service Engineer, but we welcome applications from Service Engineers on single site operations provided you're happy with the travel aspects of the role.
· Bring strong trouble-shooting / problem solving skills need to be personable, well presented and customer facing, happy to engage with clients and train when required.
· Because there is a software training aspect to the role if you have any experience or even an interest / hobby relating to computers or software it would be highly attractive.
We're a Global family-owned business, dedicated to the Worldwide development, manufacturing & distribution of multi-functional digital cutters. You'll be joining a world leader, who will invest in in you and your career.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Service Engineer, Field Service Engineer, Multi-skilled Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Technical Engineer, Field Maintenance Engineer, Industrial automation, robotics, Industrial technical capital equipment, Formula 1, Motorsport, Automotive, Aerospace, Luxury Brands, Composites, Print, Packaging, Graphics, Technical textiles.
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgement of your application.
Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the retained recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
REF: LH16545, Wallace Hind Selection