HVAC Service Engineer
£35,000 per annum
We are looking for a highly experienced service engineer who has vast knowledge of working on water chillers, refrigeration, and air conditioning systems, large and small. Fault finding and rectifying breakdowns on a day to day basis, for our blue chip commercial clients such as NHS, Universities, hospitality, restaurant outlets, hotels, commercial offices and leisure.
- Highly experienced working on a wide variety of commercial water chillers, and air conditioning systems.
- Highly experienced working on a wide variety of control panels and refrigeration controls/ electrical circuits.
- Assist the installation team with commissioning of large VRF/VRV air conditioning systems.
- Assist the installation team with commissioning of walk-in coldroom freezer and chiller systems
- Effectively diagnose, identify faults and failures with equipment and systems, providing effective solutions
- Liaise closely with the service director and help desk on a day to day basis.
- Where possible provide a first-time fix response.
- Carry out routine planned preventative maintenance.
- Coordinate and control all documents associated with reactive & planned preventative maintenance works.
- Where required liaise closely with the client to maintain excellent stakeholder relationships
- Work in a safe and controlled manor following all necessary internal health & safety processes and client specific site requirements.
- Take part in the on-call rota to support the business achieve its 24/7/365 response (this is currently 1 in 7)
The Ideal Candidate:
- A highly experienced Chiller, Refrigeration & Air conditioning engineer, with a minimum NVQ Level 2 qualification in Refrigeration & Air conditioning, you will need to be F-Gas/EN 378 compliant
- A high level of interpersonal skills -good written and verbal communication skills with the ability to write reports.
- High quality workmanship and pride in work is a MUST.
- You will be confident in your own ability
- You will be flexible to assist with call out rota, and if required out of normal working hours service.
- You will be flexible and open to work on all types of mechanical systems where required.
- Strong problem solving skills, you will have a "can do" attitude
- Ideally you will have good electrical competence including the ability to read wiring schematics and test control circuits
- Full Driving licence
What we offer:
- 25 days holiday in addition to the normal statutory holidays
- The company's holiday year runs from the 1st January to 31st December
- The company operates an Auto-Enrolment pension scheme
- Your normal hours of work are Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.00pm inclusive of a half hour unpaid lunch-break
- Company High Specified Van
- Company mobile phone
- Company bonus scheme
- Wages Salary £35,000 + (+OT)
- Overtime and double-time available
- Sustainable financially secure company trading for over 30 years
- Traditional Christmas shutdown
- Company progression
If this suits your skills and experience then please apply now.